Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cece42

2 months

Rate this Entry
So, here I am 8 weeks out after my sleeve surgery. I am down 37 lbs, people are starting to notice. Last weekend I had to go out and get some new clothes, my old clothes were too baggy. I started about a size 18/20 and I just bought some jeans in 14s. Oh, I drug up the "skinny clothes" from the basement (12s and 10s) that I've been hanging onto for 10 years! A size 12 looks really small, maybe 10 yrs ago the sizes were smaller. Anyway, I realized that by the time I can actually fit my butt into the pants they'll be way out of style! I did clean out the closet and bagged up 4 bags of clothes for the donation pile.

Ok, here is another question, what is up with jeans? I realize I'm old but now I have to get lower panties so they don't show in the back? I admit they looked to cute to not buy so I'm going to have them hemmed and get some "jean undies".

I feel like my life is getting more back to normal. I've gone to dinner several times now with my hubby and that is where I really notice the restriction. If we go for Mexican I can eat - 1 chip with salsa, a taco (just eat the beef, cheese from the middle) and a couple bites of re-fried beans. I'm a cheap date. I do have a "surgery card" given to me by the doctor but I've never used it yet. I find it a bit embarrassing to share my business with a stranger. Instead, I check out the menu to find what I could order and usually take much of my meal home. I stick to protein selections.

Tonight I had my first "oh crap" moment where I ate an entire bag of popcorn. Yeah, it wasn't smart but I threw the rest of the box out to avoid temptation. I had a flashback of the old me sitting on the couch stuffing my face while watching TV and it did scare me, made me feel like I really blew it. Then I remembered that my sleeve will be with me forever, will forget the popcorn and be tight again in the morning...ah a new day.

Submit "2 months" to Digg Submit "2 months" to del.icio.us Submit "2 months" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 months" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for the post.
    GOOD FOR YOU I HAD MY SURG. 9/30/11 FEELING GREAT BOY YOU WENT DOWN A FEW SIZES FEELS GREAT HUH. KEEPIT UP GLORIA SALAIZ
    Hi im new to this site, and just reading your post has made me feel a bit better. Im 45 days out and have noticed a change in the amount that i can eat and was getting worried that maybe im doing something wrong. I guess it is normal for our stomachs to stretch a bit but just scared that i wont lose anymore than i have and maybe i should of done the R n Y. Keep up the great work, think im going to really love this site
    CECE THAT IS GREAT WE NEVER RORGET WHOULD WE CANT HAVE. I AM ON MY 4TH WEEK CANT WAIT. TO EAT SOMETHING DIFFERENT. KEEP IT UP GREAT JOB. I ALREADY LOST 34LBS GO GIRL GLORIA SALAIZ
    i dont know the deal with jeans either - i am still not sure what my friends do - do they go without undies? or is it that skinny people they dont go that low on ? its a quandry for me too
    "What is a surgery card"? Very curious.