Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lilricanliz

Right in front of my face

Rate this Entry
So I have to say that I am 7 days post op and feeling awesome. I don't even feel as if I had surgery 7 days ago. That is positive right??? Well the downside is that today I feel as if I relapsed on my diet. I'm supposed to be going to puree's in about two days and really excited to eat (somewhat) real food again. The only thing is that i have been letting myself down with the food I'm eating. Today my dad decided that he wanted Chinese. Usually on a Friday my mom and I eat Chinese because I'm craving it. Since the surgery we've drastically minimized eating out and what we eat. My mom has been such a great help and my dad too but my mom was right there with me eating soup even though she didn't need to. My dad wanting Chinese put all these foods in front of me and it made me kinda sad to see it because I couldn't eat any of it. My dad talks a lot of shit saying how he can't control himself when it comes to eating and does nothing about it. I know he wasn't the one who had surgery , but was this a little messed up to be talking about food constantly when I was around? To top it all off I had 3 crab rangoon. My stomach paid for it , but I was like damn this is messed up I ate this like it was no ones business yet a week ago I was laying down in the hospital having my stomach removed. I had some (no sugar added) ice cream as well which is on my post op diet, but still feel guilty because of the crab rangoon. Believe it or not I was not one to fawn over food. I loved food, but it didn't control my life. It was just a nice friend I could turn to. I'm very happy I have this restriction because honestly I would have been continuing the cycle of food distortion if I didn't. All in All I'm not really upset about tonight, just having a feeling of guilt because I took a huge risk eating something I knew I wasn't supposed to. I'm not blaming my dad for wanting to eat take out because it is my responsibility. I just feel there should have been some more consideration.

Submit "Right in front of my face" to Digg Submit "Right in front of my face" to del.icio.us Submit "Right in front of my face" to StumbleUpon Submit "Right in front of my face" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Omg girl I am glad you are ok. I can understand the craving...God I'm STARVING for some solid food right now! You got away with it this time. But you have to love yourself enough to not do that again. You are worth all the effort. Don't beat yourself up. Just get back on the wagon.
    Dependence on food is a powerful thing. I have struggled with food addiction for many years. I wish I had sought more help for it before the surgery. You can't beat yourself up or feel guilty. Instead, be grateful you didn't hurt yourself and make a better choice next time. Don't let crab rangoon (as delicious as it may be) derail all the plans you have for yourself.
    That is really hard. I am still having a difficult time understanding why the US docs do not allow solids until so long after the surgery. I was allowed solid food after the third day. Of course I have restrictions, and have to chew VERY thoroughly, but I am just over three weeks post surgery and at this time, what my family eats, I eat. Very small portions of course, but last night I even had a very small bowl of nature popcorn with my daughter. I thought I would have to pay, but I had no problem whatsoever. Earlier this week was taco salad, no problems except I got full very fast. So I guess my advice to you is to NOT beat yourself up over small slips, and listen to your body about what you can and cannot eat. Take it very slowly when trying a new food, just tiny bites, chew LONG and pause between to see if it stays down. I keep zip lock bags handy everywhere I sit "just in case". Another thing I have done, and this you may find gruesome, but when I have not been sure, I have taken a bite, chewed it thoroughly, and then spit it into a napkin. I would not do that in public though-heh!heh! Good luck, and do not beat yourself up!