Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

hooverkm58

Stage II Full Liquids - for 1 month

Rate this Entry
Here's an excerp from the hand-out that was given to me by my surgeon. I will be on this for 1 month post-op

Stage II Full Liquids
You should be drinking 4oz of liquid ever hour and 5 should be protein shakes per day.
7am 4oz high protein shake
8am 4oz approved beverage (G2, Zero Vitamin Water and such)
9am 4oz light fruit juice
10am 4oz milk/dairy
11am 4oz light V8
12pm 4oz high protein shake
1pm 4oz approved beverage (G2, Zero Vitamin Water and such)
2pm 4oz light fruit juice
3pm 4oz high protein shake
4pm 4oz milk/dairy
5pm 4oz approved beverage (G2, Zero Vitamin Water and such)
6pm 4oz high protein shake
7pm 4oz light V8
8pm 4oz high protein shake
9pm approved beverage (G2, Zero Vitamin Water and such)

Approx: 417 Calories, 34g protein, 15g fat, 37g carbohydrate.

... but if you add 2 scoops of unflavored protein powder you will increase the intake to: Approx: 577 Calories, 74g protein, 15g fat, 39g cabohydrate!

Submit "Stage II Full Liquids - for 1 month" to Digg Submit "Stage II Full Liquids - for 1 month" to del.icio.us Submit "Stage II Full Liquids - for 1 month" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stage II Full Liquids - for 1 month" to Google

Updated 01-02-2013 at 03:23 PM by hooverkm58

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Hooverkm58! While I don't know jack about all of this, I just wanted to say Good Job! You look like we are about the same age and I would like to follow you and see how you do. I haven't even spoken to a surgeon yet, but I have got to do this. Could you please tell me how you like things so far? Do you miss food? or Is this one of those things that really doesn't bother you?
    I wish you all the best and am excited for you!
    Hi Judy, congrats to you for taking the first step to research the Gastric Sleeve.

So far, I haven't been hungry at all, but I had worked myself into a 3-meal-a-day regimen for the 3-weeks before my surgery date. It tooks a little over 3 weeks pre-op, here's what I did: I just had protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and then 4 oz lean protein, about 2 cups spring mix salad with raddishes, red bell peppers, purple onion, grape tomatoes and sometimes Mozzarella cheese with an olive oil and balsamic dressing. Sometimes, I added kidney beans or garbanzo beans to the salad too. I tried to just drink plain water (no artificial sweeteners at all) So basically, I cut out all sugar, rice, pasta, cereal, crackers, bread, chips. I found I wasn't starving at all, and didn't crave sweets or carbs anymore. Even had a thought that I might be able to do this without the sleeve, but came to my senses and said, that's crazy!! So far, no regrets, I love my sleeve and can't wait to see less of myself each time I look in the mirror.!