Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jazziejasmine

Struggling after 10 months!

Rate this Entry
Oh how I love the holidays! The family together-ness, time off from work, just the all around happy feeling the holidays bring to everyone. Then, there's the food! Oh my how wonderful to see all the goodies people create just around the holidays and you can't help but want to taste and enjoy like everyone else. There lies my problem.

As of December 24th it has been 10 months since my surgery and I've lost about 85 pounds. I say about 85 pounds because with the grazing I've gained a few pounds back. Now, by no means am I upset with my weight loss as it is slower than some but I'm also not exercising like I should to lose the weight quicker. I want to lose 100 pounds by my 1 year surgiversary of February 24th but if I don't stop this incessant grazing, I'll be gaining more than I'm losing!

I tell you all this to release my tensions of the guilt, and to let you know that this "tool" does not work on its own. It is possible to gain the weight back after surgery if you don't stay on track and eat properly. Yes, you can indulge every great once in a while - in moderation! Moderation is the key! Be satisfied with just one bite, you don't have to eat the whole piece!

May the holidays bring you all joy and prosperity and most importantly good health for the New Year.

Submit "Struggling after 10 months!" to Digg Submit "Struggling after 10 months!" to del.icio.us Submit "Struggling after 10 months!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Struggling after 10 months!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for sharing your insight and thoughts. I am only 5 months post-op and I have not consumed one holiday cookie/dessert. Simply because sugar in general has always been a trigger for my binge eating behaviors. I figure by next Christmas I will be in a much better place where I can "trust" myself around holiday sweets. I baked and frosted over 200 cookies last Sunday and was so proud of myself for abstaining...lol

Congrats on your weight loss and I am certain now that you are refocused you can make your goal!
    I can so relate to this. I am 9 months out and the grazing thing is happening with me too. I have not lost any weight in over 2 months even though I am exercising. I am frustrated. Add that to the holiday goodness and it could be a disaster! I have not had a great couple weeks of eating, but it still is nothing like it used to be. This tool is wonderful. And could not agree more that it is ONLY a tool. You still have to work hard at this getting healthy thing!
    Best of luck to you. Let's all just get our head back in this and start of 2013 on a positive and determined note!!! Blessings!
    I am with you ladies . I have stalled for 2 months . Not one pound and I continue to do things right. I am down 96.5 pounds in 9 months. I really thought that by now 100 would have been better. I want to be at my goal weight by my 1 st anniversary in march. Happy Holidays and God Bless
    Jazzie and Wanda....so you both have lost 85+....awesome (and Jazzie you look awesome by the way in your pic) the question is after your great weight loss do you still feel the restriction of eating too much after a few bites or did that go away? and when? Monday marks 7 week for me and am always curious when I see people say the weight can come back on......is it because the eat high caloie foods that don't fill them as well as solid proteins? or does the sleeve stretch that much to allow much more food?

I am with you ladies . I have stalled for 2 months . Not one pound and I continue to do things right. I am down 96.5 pounds in 9 months. I really thought that by now 100 would have been better. I want to be at my goal weight by my 1 st anniversary in march. Happy Holidays and God Bless[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by cap9594
    Jazzie and Wanda....so you both have lost 85+....awesome (and Jazzie you look awesome by the way in your pic) the question is after your great weight loss do you still feel the restriction of eating too much after a few bites or did that go away? and when? Monday marks 7 week for me and am always curious when I see people say the weight can come back on......is it because the eat high caloie foods that don't fill them as well as solid proteins? or does the sleeve stretch that much to allow much more food?
    [/QUOTE]

I think part of my problem is I let the "head hunger" take back control over my food choices and when I'm hungry. I never lost the hunger pangs so when I'm hungry, I'm hungry. This holiday season with all the delightful goodies was no help because I'm a foodie through and through! I love to cook and eat which is why I got to be so fat! As far as eating more, it has happened but not to the extreme I was before surgery. With that said, if you constantly graze you're going to start a bad habit because taking in a little at a time over a period of time, you never feel full.

My New Year's Resolution is to get back on track and try to stay away from carbohydrates as much as possible even though I do know I need some for energy and sugar levels (I'm diabetic). Don't stress over the stalls as they are just your body's way of catching up with the large weight loss - check your measurements during the stalls to see that you're not stopping your loss, just "readjusting".
    I appreciate this thread and hearing about other's who have struggled a bit with the holidays. Our/my old mindset before the sleeve would say..."i've screwed it up, so I might as well just keep going"
    I am thankful for the mindset success brings and the assistance the sleeve offers by "being there for me" when I choose to do it right, ie: not stuff in the slippery non-filling carbs, but instead eat the solid proteins and feel the sleeve do it's job"
    I am determined to lose again, those 4-5 lbs that snuck on over the holidays and if my body allows it, I would love to lose 5 more and make it about 100 lbs lost in all!