Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Restored

Stuck

Rate this Entry
OK Sleeve family, I just thought I should post because it has been a few days since my surgery. Overall everything went well. My Surgery was with Dr Jose Rodriguez in Juarez Mexico at the Star Medica. I’ll start by telling you the worst part of the entire surgery experience for me. The worst part by far was waking up in recovery. The pain was real, and I was feeling trapped for some reason. I don’t usually have issues with claustrophobia, but the anxiety I had being trapped in my bed with the side rails up and an oxygen mask on my face was not a good feeling along with the pain and waking up in shock that the surgery had happened. But that’s it, nothing beyond that was so bad. I did vomit a couple of times but even that wasn’t as bad as I had imagined. I was sore and requested pain meds on day too as well, but on day three, I was good. I was walking around my room packing my bags and ready to get to the airport.
Unfortunately, this is where the worst part of this entire medical tourism endeavor began. This part has nothing to do with the surgery. The driver picked me up at 11:30 for my 3:20 flight out. When I get to the ticket counter, I’m told my flight was cancelled due to the weather and the Chicago airports closing. It’s Thursday, and I’m being told the first open flight isn’t until Sunday. OK, I’m doing ok, but I did just have surgery and I don’t think I’m up to walking around the airport for several days chewing on ice chips. Unfortunately, I’m stuck in Texas as I write this to you. At 9 am, I can “Standby” to see if I can take a seat if anyone cancels. I am so ready to get home. Say a prayer for me please. I never thought anything like this could happen.

Submit "Stuck" to Digg Submit "Stuck" to del.icio.us Submit "Stuck" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stuck" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Praying for you!!! Stay strong, i cant imagine, you are so strong!!
    wow, that sucks! any way you can chill in a nearby hotel for a day? I hope you can find enough protein drink, etc. Fingers crossed for you, and hope you can get home and enjoy a quiet holiday. On the bright side, walking and drinking a lot of water will help the recovery.
    Welcome to the world of travel! I travel many times each year and I stopped stressing about anything. I've been stuck in so many places but its worse right after surgery. I feel you! I had mine done in Mexico too and traveled back to Chicago.
    To cheer you up. I was stuck in Miami once having scabies fun, fun!!!
    I'll be flying to Haiti on Sunday! With the airports the way they are, I feel like going there today already just so I get on my flight Sunday morning hang in there!!!
    Oh boy--The Holiday shuffle begins, with you. So Sorry Restored. I feel for you!
    Sorry for that pain. I felt the same way in recovery. Good luckon a speedy recovery
    IM HOME! They were finally able to get me on a flight! Sooo good to be home. I feel just fine, like I could head out and finish up with christmas stuff.
    I'm glad you are home safe and sound. Despite how you feel... don't push yourself... you did just have major surgery. You don't want your body to remind you of that in a very negative way. Merry Christmas.
    DON"T DO IT! I did and boy, did I regret it. Please take it easy, you have been through it!
    You poor thing! Glad you made it home. How awful to have just had surgery and be stuck at an airport!
    I got stuck at El paso airport too after surgery going to Chicago.
    When A Airlines saw me walk funny, they asked me if I need a wheelchair and I said yes plz. They asked why, and I was stupid to say I just had a surgery and the problems begin.
    They said they want drs note or letter stating I can fly safely.
    So I tried calling but the drs weren't there. They already got home And my pt facilitator didn't answer right away until 2 hrs later. I missed my flight. In pain. And lots of discomfort. Didn't have enough money to go to a hotel. My friend accompanying me and I slept on uncomfortable leather chairs overnight in El Paso airport till morning and finally they got the letter in to A Airlines and I flew. I feel with you %100 all the way. It was scary and difficult