Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lulu

3 Months Post-Op and 47 lbs down.

Rate this Entry
Just wanted to give a quick update on what's been going on and how I am progressing.

First thing, 45 more pounds to lose and I am at my goal weight. WOW. I just can't believe that in 3 months I am basically half way there. I just can't describe the pride I am feeling.

I have had many ups and downs, both physically and mentally. Last time I wrote I made the decision that I was going to basically "let go" a little and just live life. It really has helped!!

One concept that I havn't been able to grasp is the fear of failing. Even though I'm half way there I am still scared something will stop working. I am scared to death to go shopping for new clothes, won't even try them on. I refuse to get rid of my fat clothes. Like most women, luckily I had 3 sizes down from my biggest size still in my closet. Now this size is getting too big.

Back to the shopping thing......I'm scared that when I go try on clothes the disapointment feeling of nothing looking right will still be there OR I will try a smaller size I haven't worn before and it wont button (which menatlly will make me feel fat dispite my accomplishment) OR I will be in size that to me in my mind doesnt seem worth the money to even buy. I'd rather just wear my old baggy clothes. Some days I wish that I would wake up and be my perfect size overnight and then go shopping. That would be fun. But, it's just not like that. My body or my head is still in a big size even though I have lost 47 lbs. It's very strange. I have got to work through this issue.

Submit "3 Months Post-Op and 47 lbs down." to Digg Submit "3 Months Post-Op and 47 lbs down." to del.icio.us Submit "3 Months Post-Op and 47 lbs down." to StumbleUpon Submit "3 Months Post-Op and 47 lbs down." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on the weight lose, I can just imagine how happy you must feel. Chuck your old clothes away. Take some pics of them with you beside them and then chuck them. You deserve to go shopping for new clothes, to be able to walk into a store and get a size of clothing which you may have not been able to wear previously. Your operation was to help improve your quality of life in all aspects. I've tried on clothes which didn't look right on me and still brought them. Each month I'll grab them and try them on, it's a great way to gauge how much weight you've lost and also see areas you want to target with exercise. Jumping on a scale or taking measurements is a good way to monitor your weight lose but unless you plan on walking around in public wearing nothing but a measuring tap and scales then your never going to see the true accomplishments of all your hard work.....you've busted a gut(literally) to drop the weight, now it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
    I totally get where you're coming from. I've avoided shopping for so long because it was always so depressing. And I never chose things because they looked good--just because they buttoned and zipped. Isn't that an awful way to live life? I would say if your smallest size is just now gettig too big for you, just keep wearing them for another month or so, till you're literally swimming in them. Then go shopping for one size down from that. That size will probably fit beautifully, and may even be big on you! Just get a couple of things--maybe a great pair of jeans and khakis, pair of black slacks. Then do the same thing--wait till they are really big on you, and go shopping for one size down again. You can do this in steps, and shopping will be fun and encouraging for a change!!!
    I agree, you need to get some things that you feel good in NOW, and then later you can get more! Shop at Old Navy, they are cheap, have tons of cheap things on the sale racks and their clothes are cute. I have a great consignment shop in my town, i would not hesitate to go there for good quality cheap stuff too. Not everyone will do that I know, but I would so just a suggestion....three or four great pieces will make you feel so good!
    Thanks everyone!! I'm gonna hit the stores this weekend. Even if I dont buy anything I just want to see where I am at!!
    Congratulations Lulu! You look fabulous! I totally get the "mind" game going on. Our perceptions of ourselves and the messages we send to ourselves is not always accurate. When you try on some clothes and see yourself in a mirror, that might help your perception of your body and what you have accomplished so far. I know it will feel TOTALLY AWESOME because your going to look and feel great about clothes that compliment you rather than just covering you up. Good luck and have fun at the stores!