Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kardani9

My life thus far in the Sleevy Wonder club!

Rate this Entry
I haven't been on much since my surgery. I feel so great, that I've been going full speed! It's amazing the difference weight loss can make. Before my surgery, I simply couldn't imagine ever having energy or feeling good again. I had forgotten what that felt like. I didn't even attribute ALL of my lethargy to my weight. I had assumed I had gotten older and simply NEEDED that nap every day after work. Now, I may take a nap once a week, just for the pleasure of it... and usually it's a short one!
I went with my mother back to Mexico 2 weeks ago to have her Lap Band removed and to be sleeved. Turns out her band was covered in scar tissue. So much that when she had her fill removed, the band wouldn't open back up. She also had a hernia. My mother had nearly starved to death! She had been in the hospital here in the states the week prior and had to have many nutrients via IV. You should see her now, 2 weeks out! We have to keep telling her to slow down! I posted my "after" pic of us together, headed back on the plane after she became a sleevy wonder )
I am so grateful to have had my sleeve gastrectomy! I no longer obsess about food. I now just live my life and when hunger hits, I find some yummy source of protein, eat, thoroughly enjoy it then move on to the next thing on my agenda I no longer worry what the scale says and I love rummaging through my boxes and boxes of old "skinny" clothes!
My husband has lost 110 pounds since April and remains my source of support and inspiration. I know not to panic over the stalls from watching him. Indeed, I believe if my weight loss stopped at the weight I am, I would be quite happy and satisfied. Wishing everyone continued success!

Submit "My life thus far in the Sleevy Wonder club!" to Digg Submit "My life thus far in the Sleevy Wonder club!" to del.icio.us Submit "My life thus far in the Sleevy Wonder club!" to StumbleUpon Submit "My life thus far in the Sleevy Wonder club!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You and your Mom are both looking great! I understand not being so tired anymore. I am almost to my 4th week post op and I already feel so much better and have so much more energy!
    Keep up the god work! You look terrific!
    Thank you for that post. I'm pre-sleeve and need to hear positive things!
    Sleevy Wonder! How funny!

I think you look spectacular in your photo with your mom. Happiness shines like a beacon on your face

So glad that your mom opted to be sleeved. From the sound of things, this may have saved her life and health. Those lap bands are just too creepy.

I can't wait to read more of your delightful journey.
    Yep I only just got the 'Sleevy Wonder' pun - make me chuckle Congrats to you and your mum about your journeys thus far!
    Glad the 3 of you are all rocking your sleeves!! Gotta love the new found energy - last friday I scrubbed down the outside of all my kitchen cabinets (there are a lot of them), and washed curtains - these are things I thought about before but that is as far as it went!! Enjoy it all!!
    Congrats to you and your Mom!!!!
    I love the Sleevy Wonder! Congrat to you, your mum, and husband!
    Thank you all! I can't take credit for the Sleevy Wonder. I had called my husband after my mother's surgery was complete and she was in her room. My husband said, "Tell her welcome to the Sleevy Wonder Club!" He's such a funny guy
    Mama & I should have been exhausted in the picture. It was taken at the end of the day after some shopping, a trip through the airport and security and just before our second flight landed. Bless her heart, it was only her 3rd day post-op! We had a 3 hr drive after we landed. After we got home, we could have KEPT going! She kept saying, "I can't believe how good I feel!" Today was her 2 week mark and she started soft foods. She called me excited because she ate her first poached egg! She hasn't had one in 6 years because her Lap Band wouldn't let her get it down. (crazy, right?) I appreciate all the well wishes & sweet comments!
    I've got to add, before the sleeve, I used to prowl the kitchen, hungry for "something" but never knew what it was. Then settled for substitutions. My appetite was enormous! There was always a gnawing hunger that I couldn't satisfy. Now, it's a whole different story. I get hungry physically and then I think up something, eat and I'm completely satisfied. It reminds me of how I felt when I was a kid... if that makes any sense? No longer tempted by any food mentioned by others. In fact, people can eat around me and I don't even bat an eye. Last night we were in a shopping mall I had never been to before. In the past, the food court would have drawn me in like a magnet... now, I walked through it twice and didn't really see anything I wanted!!! Shocking!!!!