Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LeisaMcD

Half Way There!

Rate this Entry
So when I started my pre-op diet, I weighed 210 lbs.. My goal is to weigh 140 lbs. This means I have a total of 70 lbs to lose. This morning, I weighed in at 175 lbs. So I have lost 35 lbs and I have 35 lbs to go. I have reached my half way goal! I may adjust my goal to 125 lbs once I hit 140 lbs, but right now I am sticking to the 140 lbs goal. It has only been 11 weeks and I know that things will slow down as I get closer to my goal, but today, today I am basking in this accomplishment.

I am enjoying my sleeved life. I don't feel hungry and have to remind myself to eat. I understand portions and food "quality over quantity" much more now than 15 years of WW or Jenny Craig or Atkins ever taught me. I am not afraid to spend money on high quality meats or fresh veggies because I need so little to make a delicious meal.

Wishing everyone here much success and happiness on their sleeved journey.
Cheers!
Leisa

Submit "Half Way There!" to Digg Submit "Half Way There!" to del.icio.us Submit "Half Way There!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Half Way There!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I so needed to hear this. thank you for sharing. we are at the same start weight with the same goal. and I love the fact you aren't complaining about the amount of food you are able to eat. you seem well informed about your decision and thats exactly what I needed to hear. I'm a week to surgery and for some reason looking for a way to talk myself out.. thanks again.. good post!
    Updated 10-29-2012 at 08:26 AM by gemini*eyes (misspells)
    So pleased for you, doing great! I am planning too on fueling my body with small quantities of the best possible quality, after all, I'm worth it!! xxx
    gemini*eyes- I went back and forth on my decision even as late as the morning I was at the hospital. Thankfully I was the first one in. Even though I knew the surgery was the answer to my problem, it's still a scary and permanent solution. I haven't looked back, I have no regrets and I have never been happier. My surgery was complication-free with no pain to speak of, only some discomfort from gas and some pressure. It was all manageable without pain medication.

Yesterday, my husband (who had surgery the same day as me) and I shared a grilled Tuscan chicken panini and a bowl of soup for lunch. Between the two of us, we only finished the soup and half the sandwich! We kept the other half and shared it for supper.. lol.. an $8 lunch fed two of us for two meals..

I love to cook and really thought that this surgery would impede my ability to cook many meals any more. But I have discovered that I have no issues buying an expensive piece of fresh salmon or large sea scallops because I know that a little goes a long way. I have become somewhat of a food "snob" as low quality, high calorie food hold no appeal to me any more. It is a great feeling to know that I now control my food and food does not control me.

You will do GREAT with your surgery and if you run into stumbling blocks, feel free to hit me up with questions. Best of luck to you!
    Leisa
    Great job that's awesome
    I so agree about being a food snob. If something isn't worth it in the protein column, I'm not going to waste the little bit of space in my tiny belly.
    Thanks for the support Tonya! It's nice to know I am not alone..
    Awesome. Congratulations, you should be proud
    Great news!
    You look great keep up the good work. :-)