Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kay4

Kay’s Journey – One step at a time

Rate this Entry
October 21, 2012

Well I have officially begun count down until my sleeve Monday Morning, October 22, 2012 at 6 am. I am very excited on one hand but on the other hand I am scared to death. I am one that does like change at all. I know…. kinda strange to feel like that and having this done but that is just how ready I am to begin this new life.

I have done all the things that ones like us do, join gyms. try pills, the next new diet … and would loose a few pounds and then right back on it came and with more with it. Then I started having reflux and it kept getting worse and worse over the years. I managed to keep it in check a good long while and then BAM it was back in full force and the Nexium does not keep up with it any longer now. I was told a few years ago after colon test I had a fatty liver. Not really knowing what a fatty liver meant and thinking it was just from being fat I just went on my merry way and not too long ago found out it leads to cirrhosis of the liver and one would never have had a drink. Then went to primary dr for check up she told me I needed to go see diabetic dr. I put it off and put it off thinking I could control by diet. After the 3rd time of blood tests over a course of a year and a half she gave me no more chances. I had to go to diabetic dr. and was told there also I had sleep apnea really bad. Now I was up to reflux/GERD, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fatty liver, diabetes, heart murmur (from diet pills), and knees aching all the time.

I finally had had enough and knew I needed to take control of my life back or things were going to get ugly real fast. I made decision then (after rolling it over in my head for over a year) I was ready for the sleeve because I could not do this alone. I may die of a heart attack or stroke one day but it not going to be because of weight. I know this is going to be a huge lifestyle change and big adjustment in my way of thinking of food but I am so ready to get my life back, get off meds, start feeling better both physically and mentally. Now I focus on all the things that will be so much easier like fitting into clothes, working in yard, fishing, hunting, and most important playing with and doing things with all 4 grandboys (ages 16 to 4) and being around to see them all grow up and have families of their own. I feel very blessed to have such a loving and supportive husband and family that will be right by my side every step of the way.

I have finished rounding up vitamins, protein supplements, and liquid diet. I do highly recommend trying different protein drinks before you stock up on it to make sure you do like it. It was a bit overwhelming when I started looking because of so many different kinds and reading and comparing the labels. My daughter is coming over today to take pictures (ugh! I run from camera now) and take measurements. I do want to document this journey all along the way.

I probably will not get any sleep tonight but that’s ok. I am so ready for tomorrow! To all my fellow October 22nd sleevers….I will be thinking about you too tomorrow.

Kay

Submit "Kay’s Journey – One step at a time" to Digg Submit "Kay’s Journey – One step at a time" to del.icio.us Submit "Kay’s Journey – One step at a time" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kay’s Journey – One step at a time" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very goodluck tomorrow and I hope you have a very speedy recovery!
    All the best 2mrow!!!
    I am a fellow October sleever and I wish you well tomorrow and the next couple of weeks of recovery. It will all be so worth it in just a couple of months! Keep in touch!
    Good luck and God's speed. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Good luck, we'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear your first post-op update.
    God Bless and keep you! You will do well.
    Good luck! Just had my gastric sleeve done this past monday, quick an easy. I was up an walking about an hour after they brought me up to my hospital room. Wishing you all the best
    Wishing you a speedy recovery ...good luck and congrats on your decision to change your life
    SO VERY GLAD AND HAPPY FOR YOU GOD BLESS.
    Good luck to you!!!
    Prayers for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery!
    Good luck!
    Best wishes for a perfect surgery and a speedy recovery! I know you are ready to start the next chapter in your life. I think you will be amazed what a difference a few months will make.