Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Big_SlaveLaker

Veteran Sleevers

Rate this Entry
Hi All
I am seeking advice from you veteran sleevers.
I am 3 weeks out and have not dropped any weight.

Do I wait patiently or is there somethin I can do to kick start it?
FYI ... I am getting 60 g protein in a day, maybe 10-20g carbs and under 10 g fat.
The only thing I can figure is I am not getting enough water, which happens to be only about 48 oz/day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Submit "Veteran Sleevers" to Digg Submit "Veteran Sleevers" to del.icio.us Submit "Veteran Sleevers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Veteran Sleevers" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey big slavelaker

Did u take ur measurements prior to surgery???? Cause if u haven't lost weight u have more than likely lost inches... Do ur clothes feel looser??
    Hang in there you just hit your first stall.....Check the measurements.....Hugs Judy
    Yea the clothes are fitting better definately...
    The dreaded 3 week stall. A lot of people go through this. Hang in there. Your body has to adjust to the initial loss. Measure yourself and you will probably see inches descrease even though your weight might not right now. The best thing I heard in my doctor's offce came from a nurse that had the sleeve done and she told me that if I followed the eating plan there was nothing I could do for the first year to mess up the weight loss. That my body would lose weight and there was nothing I could do about it. LOL. Follow your eating plan, get in your fluids and your body will give up the weight. The trip down the scale is like a flight of stairs not like a ladder. You will have landings while your body adjusts to a level and then it will begin to descend again. Good luck with your journey. Keep up the hard work.
    Thanks Busybee!
    I am four weeks out and feel the same way most days but my clothes are really baggy so I know I am losing inches. I had surgery on August 23rd and since that day have lost 11 pounds - not fast like I thought it was going to go. I work for every pound I lose. Since I lost 25 prior to surgery I think that is why I hit a stall right away - so we need to be patient together. Like you I do not get in all my liquids every day and so started drinking grape flavored Aquafina this week since it goes down easily and I get more liquids in that way...keep in touch!
    I am 7 weeks out and have already been through 2 stalls. The veterans will tell you to hang in there and ride it our because it will pass. But day after day, you will step on the scale and it won't budge and you will second guess why the hell you put yourself through the expense and hassle of the surgery if you aren't going to lose any weight! Then after one week, or maybe two, possibly even three... the scale will welcome you with smaller numbers once again! The vets are right.. it is a process, you can't fight it, just keep doing what you are doing and you will get results. I agree with the rest of the gang, take your measurements because the scale might not tell you you are losing, but your measurements will tell you that you are shrinking.
    I know just how u feel. I am almost 4 months out and have only lost 23 lbs postop but 40 lbs total. It's aggravating that it's slow but it's moving down. I walk 4-5 hours a day at work so I thought it would be faster but my dr. Said my body is used to that and suggested I get 30 min of cardio 3 times a week. Your body is trying to hold on because it think it's starving. Eventually you have to lose the weight. You body will let it go. Just eat the right foods and exercise. Good luck.
    Hi fellow Canuck! I am a recently transplanted Albertan to BC

I am 1.5 yrs out.

Stalls are common, this definitely won't be your last. The nice thing about stalls is that they're when you have the majority of your actual visible body changes to your measurements. So... stay off the scale as much as you can so it doesn't mess with your head and you'll see the changes come. Stay on track, drink your water, get in your vitamins and measure your body instead of jumping on the scale... you'll be losing again before you know it.