Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cpaliz1

Decisions, decisions....

Rate this Entry
I've been thinking about getting the sleeve since June of 2012. I started doing some research and attended a few seminars given by Dr's. The problem was my insurance will not cover it...Doesn't matter what health issues you have, or how obese you are. The Dr. I visited in the U.S. I liked very much but out of pocket it would cost me $12,200! Not something I can afford. So for a few months I put it out of sight and mind. I had received an email about getting the surgery for about $5000 and then after reading found out it would be in Mexico...I thought to myself, no way...that's crazy...no way am I going to Mexico for surgery. Recently I received a text from the patient coordinator from Dr. Almanzas team asking if I'm still interested in surgery. This got me thinking about surgery in Mexico again. Since then I've been researching, researching, researching....reading up on different Dr's. Reading up on surgery in Mexico in general. Watched videos of a patient who had her surgery in Mexico...she documented everything very very well. Including her after care results and struggles. I was considering three Dr's. Dr. Almanza, Dr. Kelley, and Dr. Quinones. My final decision is to go with Dr. Sergio Quinones! I'm really excited about this decision. Right now my goal is to have surgery on Friday January 4, 2013. Chances are this will change between now and then....I should have a more definite date by the very end of October. This will be when I'll have my full $1000 deposit made and I'll be able to set my date and book my flight! Man the more I think of it...1/4 really isn't that far away! Only half of September left, then all of Oct, Nov, Dec. So I guess 3.5 months...I just know this is going to go by sooo slow!

Submit "Decisions, decisions...." to Digg Submit "Decisions, decisions...." to del.icio.us Submit "Decisions, decisions...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Decisions, decisions...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good Luck!
    That is awesome and exciting! I am over joyed here, I am going to Dr.Garcia in Mexico on 11/7 and the days just seem like they are going to slow but I am so excited. I gave my date when I was talking to the coordinator last month and today I gave my $500 deposit so now everything is set in stone all I have left is to purchase the airfare.

Congrats on your choice and I'll see you on the losers bench!
    I went to Mexico and had the surgery it was with Dr. Alvarez and I would do it again! I can only speak from my experience but he was wonderful. I am a nurse and all my co workers were freaking out but things went great! I wish you luck