Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ALLELUIA! At Goal, finally!

90 Lbs GONE!

Rate this Entry
Hi everybody,

It has been a long time since I have last blogged about my journey. Well, so far, I have lost 90 pounds in 9.5 months since my surgery. Hip hip hooray! I am extremely happy about it and my family and friends are amazed about my WLS success. I can only say that perseverance, sticking to the diet, support and trust in oneself goes a long way in succeeding after the WLS. I am now wearing jeans size 4 and could not be happier. Thank God!

I have noticed that once I did hit the normal weight level, it has been very difficult for me to lose the remainder of the weight. So, I am planning now on jump starting my diet through longer exercise routine, a week of liquid protein diet and a week of pureed protein. Will see!

Any suggestions on how to lose a little faster at the last leg of my race?

Thank you and God bless

Submit "90 Lbs GONE!" to Digg Submit "90 Lbs GONE!" to del.icio.us Submit "90 Lbs GONE!" to StumbleUpon Submit "90 Lbs GONE!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow you really wanted to be a size 2 or a 0? Or is it that you want the scale to say 120 instead of 130? are you shorter then 5ft? I ask these things because if it is simply that you wanted the scale to say 120, and dont understand why it does not even though you are in a size 4, the answer is probably in your excess skin. It can weigh quite a bit, and will take up to 2 years to continue to shrink. I went down to a size 2 at 120 and found my skin just hanging on my bones and my face and eyes became very sunken, it was a very unhealthy starvation look. Was unflattering, and instead of complements, i started getting comments like "omg you look awful!" from friends and strangers both! I have found that even when i weigh 125, size wise it is more like weighing 115. For me the extra skin threw the scale off about 10 lbs (mabe more) When i was a teenager and weighed 115 i was a size 5-6 I had to weigh 105 to be a size 2. I have to admitt that at first it really bugged me that the scale said i weighed so much now 125 but i am happy in my size 4 and my Dr. told me not to drop below 120lb or he would have to give me iv nutrition to get my weight back up. So something for you to think about and watch the mirror to make sure you are not getting too boney! Love Rainbow
    I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS on your success.
    That is so awesome!!!! Congratulations on your success! My goal is to lose 95 lbs. I'm only 4ft 10 in, so, the weight looks differently on me. It's very noticable when I put on even 5 lbs. You are doing wonderfully on your weightloss. Keep up the great work - whatever you're doing seems to be working! Rainbow is right, maybe the weight you see is skin?? I now weigh 135 or so (give or take), but in a size 10. So - the weight really does depend on the individual. A size 4 is my dream!!! Let me say, Congratulations, again! You deserve this! You are a motivation for me!
    Hi everyone thanks for the support. I would agree that skin has its massive weight so as I am trying to go now to 120, I would see more 10 lbs in hanging skin... so far the skin has been manageable, not too bad, I was once 120 lbs 23 years ago. Gone 90 and hopefully 10 more to go....
    My bmi is normal and I am happy at this moment, but still want to finish my 1 year with 120!
    Will see if more exercise and water will help. Thanks for all the suggestions,
    Love, god bless