Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Amanda K

Finally Get To Go Home

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone
3 days post op and looking forward to going home today!!!
All went well but also had to have a hiernia repair, so took abit longer. But I had a lovely looking liver - thought you would all like to know that.
Isn't that gas pain the pits!! Still have a little in the left shoulder but walking does help and drugs as well!
Had some jello and custard, but can't live on that forever. How does everyone manage to get all their fluids in? It's like a full time job just sip, sip ,sip.

I am waiting for that feeling ' Oh I am so glad I have done this', because not sure if this was a good idea or not?

Thank you to everyone for their good wishes and encouragement. Any tips on getting the fluid in would be appreciated.

Submit "Finally Get To Go Home" to Digg Submit "Finally Get To Go Home" to del.icio.us Submit "Finally Get To Go Home" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finally Get To Go Home" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats!! Hope you feel better!
    At this stage of recovery it is a full time job, and the payoff is great. Relaxe, do the best you can and it will only get better.
    Hang on there is no going back, But why would you even want to. I am so happy for you, It takes guts{pun intended} You'll do great.
    Glad your ok give yourself a few days to recover more it's still only early days but u did it so yay for u can't wait to join u n the others on the sleevers side of life xx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynette Gee
    Glad your ok give yourself a few days to recover more it's still only early days but u did it so yay for u can't wait to join u n the others on the sleevers side of life xx
    Thanks Lynette
    It is tough, not the day do surgery I was operated on really early but the following day, oh the gas pain.
    However, my suggestion is to walk every hour around the hospital corridor and if you can draw your legs up, that seemed to help abit. Also ask for heat packs - I didn't know about those and they were lovely on the shoulder.
    It is Sunday morning, had a fairly good rest and now sitting up with a Strawberry Optifast made on skim milk trying to sip away. Over this next week I am going to Optifast it for the protein and water in between.
    Then go on to soft foods, which could be more Optifast for me as then back at work!
    Peter, my husband says I have lost weight in my face. Well to tell you the truth I am not surprised, who wouldn't when you have not eaten as normal for 5 weeks.
    I think I just have to learn it is baby steps all the way, this is something so totally foreign to all of us and I see others have gotten through it so shall we!
    I think I am abit more sore due to the hiernia repair as well.
    Oh but it is nice being in your own bed!
    Amanda
    Quote Originally Posted by ostategirl
    Congrats!! Hope you feel better!
    Yes it is only early days, but Gosh it is not very pleasant is it?
    Trying to just sip, sip, sip and not gulp a mouthful as usual, otherwise it hurts.
    Thanks you for the support!
    Amanda
    Quote Originally Posted by purplelace70
    At this stage of recovery it is a full time job, and the payoff is great. Relaxe, do the best you can and it will only get better.
    You are not wrong re it being a full time job to recover.
    Just trying to sip aches, and I am doing it slowly. Not taking any pain killers as I don't like to and really don't need them. But taking the reflux medication as advised by dr.
    Thank you for the encouragement!
    Glad everything went well Amanda and ur home in ur own bed... Look forward to following ur progress

Kel