Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

4linton

Protein shakes for some, Real food is O.K. as well.

Rate this Entry
Alright, today I had my early 6 month checkup a month early as Doc would be out of town next month. Everything is great. Had blood drawn 2 weeks ago and results are ALL either normal or slightly high for All vitamins/minerals and my cholesterol has dropped to 225 from 250. Unlike others I was told to drink shakes prior to and for a couple months after surgery but not to rely on them as my protein intake over time. I was to get my protein from REAL food sources as I progressed to eating more regularly. I take Centrum Complete multi and Citrical Calcium daily and all is very well along with regular food diet. The typical reader of these pages would think that meal replacement shakes would be a lifelong prerequisite to having this surgery and for some that may be tha case, but for others it is not the case at all. If you are O.K. with shakes more power to you, just that it is not necessarily the way you have to go. Fine in a situation where it is your only option but don't feel tied down long term to them. Learn how to eat healthy foods in a healthy way and say goodbye to the shake'o'sh#t. Started at 425lbs. on 2/7/12, Weigh in at 345 on 6/26/12. 139 days 80lbs. lost and feel great and blood work great.

Submit "Protein shakes for some, Real food is O.K. as well." to Digg Submit "Protein shakes for some, Real food is O.K. as well." to del.icio.us Submit "Protein shakes for some, Real food is O.K. as well." to StumbleUpon Submit "Protein shakes for some, Real food is O.K. as well." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is terrific!
    Awesome results! I think you hit the true lesson of this journey, everyone has to find what works for them and we are all different. I haven't had a shake since about 3 weeks post, however I do have my fruity protein drinks to help boost the intake. Just makes it easier for me.

Good to see your post tonight
    Awww, that is GREAT news!!! COngratulations, sir. You are an inspriation.
    Hugs
    Wonderful news! Keep up the good work!
    I was wondering about the protein shake thing. Im almost a month out and i still rely heavily on the shake for my protein requirements. I feel better knowing that maybe i can get rid of the shakes.
    So happy for you! And a cholesterol drop to boot! I'll bet you have more energy too. Great Job!
    As for the shakes, I like having them available when I don't have much else around, or am tired of what I do have. Nice break and nice to know they will fill part of my protein requirement. I like to mix it up with what I am eating...get bored easily with the same thing. So shakes have become part of my arsenal. I get to start fruit next week and am looking forward to making my own like tempred.
    Thanks mila, the post was not to give shakes a bad rap but to let some know that they are not necessarily a life long requisite. They most certainly can provide added insurance, especially when other availabilities are lacking. Good Luck.