Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cameonicole

PROTIEN SHOTS?? YAY or NAY

Rate this Entry
So Im almost 2 weeks post op and I hate the protein shakes, because of the milky taste. blah.. Ive tried a few different ones and Im just not a fan. Ive read alot on the Protein shots tho! Wondering if anyone had any info on them! they are 26 and 42g of protein per shot! Or is there any other way I can get my protien in? Please Help!

Submit "PROTIEN SHOTS?? YAY or NAY" to Digg Submit "PROTIEN SHOTS?? YAY or NAY" to del.icio.us Submit "PROTIEN SHOTS?? YAY or NAY" to StumbleUpon Submit "PROTIEN SHOTS?? YAY or NAY" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am confused so if you wouldn't mind clarifying. You mean the liquid protein in small tube like containers that taste awful or actual shots as in needles. I had the "protien shots" and to me they were awful! I wasn't very good with the protein either but now I'm 6 weeks post-op and still struggle with protein, although; it's easier with foods now. Good luck
    lol shots in a tube that you drink.
    I didn't want them, but some people might like them. If you have to buy them, see if you can buy one instead of a box. I bought them in a box at GNC who is very liberal about returning items as long as you have a receipt. Good luck!
    I wish we could get protein in a shot with a needle i would be all for it.
    From what I've read from different posts. The shots are not the right kind of protein that we need. You should talk to your nutritionist. Go to "theworldofeggface.com" and look for the protein ice cream recipes. I just ordered an ice cream maker along with several sugar free Torani flavorings and can't wait to get them to help me with getting more of my needed protein. The shakes are also hard for me to get down. The posters that have used the ice cream says it is awesome. I'm going to have mine ready for when I get done with my 4-5 mile walks everyday. It takes about an hour to freeze. Just in time when I get home. Good Luck. Please check with your nutritionist before you spend the money. If it was that easy to get our protein I'm sure some where along our journey some one would have told us about them.
    There is also a clear protein water drink with flavor, I think its called Isopure Zero Carb drinks. i havent tried them, but my husband and i are making the rounds testing different kinds of protein shakes. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Isolates is pretty good. i like the vanilla with 4oz of skim milk, a banana, and a few ice cubes. Actually has a great flavor. Put it in a bullet blender and the ice helps make it not so milky. There is another out there that is tropical punch flavored, and one that is chicken broth flavored. i think that one is UNJURY. Again,havent tried that one yet either. Medifast is expensive, but may get you through. Just add some unflavored protein powder to a medifast shake(I like the dutch chocolate) with water and ice. And get your vitamins in. Good Luck. My husband and I are scheduled for surgery october 13th. Look forward to your updates. Not too many sleeves being done in my area.