Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Her Moojesty

Do Any Long Timers Have Bad Acid?

Rate this Entry
I am 108 days out from Sleeve surgery in Mexico with Dr. Almanza, and I am very concerned about the amount and frequency of my stomach acid. It seems I have a terrific amount of acid no matter what I eat, even on pure water. And, eating or drinking anything gives me really bad gas in my stomach. I can actually hear the belches rumbling around and forming in my stomach, and I can feel the air coming up, but then it just STOPS somewhere. It doesn't actually come out my mouth and it is trapped in my esophogus or stomach. Very uncomfortable. I am concerned that I am going to develop ulcers in what is left of my stomach, or my esophogus if I can't get this acid under control. I did see a Gastroenterologist about 6 weeks ago, he ordered liquid Zantac for me, twice a day. It helps, for about 1/2 hour and the acid is right back. He also said to take GasX before every meal, which I do, but it doesn't help very much. I am reluctant to take the proton pump inhibitors, like Prevacid, because of the osteoporosis they cause. I am an older female and don't need a broken hip. I have to sleep almost sitting up to keep the acid from rising to my mouth. I thought this situation would improve with time, but it is actually getting worse as time goes on. Does anyone else have this problem? Have you found a cure? I am so miserable and it almost, ALMOST makes me regret the sleeve. I can't imagine living like this forever, but the 40 pound weight loss is sure nice. I have at least that much more to go. I eat several times a day, probably not the best stuff but decent food. I get my protein in, but my suppliments actually cause me to vomit. I do vomit frequently. Any suggestions?

Submit "Do Any Long Timers Have Bad Acid?" to Digg Submit "Do Any Long Timers Have Bad Acid?" to del.icio.us Submit "Do Any Long Timers Have Bad Acid?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Do Any Long Timers Have Bad Acid?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My surgeon told me 30% of the patients will develop acid reflux. The treatments are Zantac, pepcid. If they don't work, then they move to Nexium or Prevacid. If the drugs don't work, then they will do a by pass (duodenal switch).
    Thanks for the information, Munchkin. I sure don't want more surgery, so I guess I will break down and start taking the Prevacid on a regular basis. Maybe I will get lucky and not lose bone mass from taking it all the time. I really can't take this burning all the time, so desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm glad it is Over The Counter these days.
    Her Moojesty