Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

elllie

2 weeks until surgery

Rate this Entry
Hi! Its now 2 weeks until I have surgery. I am starting the pr op diet tomorrow. I am really getting very nervous and hope I can manage to stick to the pr op diet. I realized I always drink water with my meal, I don't know how I am going to manage not drinking whilst eating. The water drinking is not a problem for me as it is all I drink anyway. I am also having my first set of bloods taken this week and I hope that all will be ok. How did everyone else get through this stage and still cook for the family?

Submit "2 weeks until surgery" to Digg Submit "2 weeks until surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "2 weeks until surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 weeks until surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi beautiful Elllie... gosh its a nerve wracking time isn't it but you are going to be okay! It has never bothered me to cook for others when I'm not eating it but I am into cooking so have often done that, I wonder if for you it would be a great time to do some meal prep. I do this every week anyway because I don't have time to cook every day. if you cook everything up and put it in the fridge in containers they can just scoop and heat and you will have got it all over and done with in one day! Its an idea.

Drink heaps of water during your prep, day 3 was the hard day for me with headaches. water really helped. Drinking with meals... I always did that too. I try not to now but sometimes I take a little sip. I just cant be perfect all the time!!! I think it might be larger amounts they are talking about. Get excited Ellie, your whole life is going to change :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Hi beautiful Elllie... gosh its a nerve wracking time isn't it but you are going to be okay! It has never bothered me to cook for others when I'm not eating it but I am into cooking so have often done that, I wonder if for you it would be a great time to do some meal prep. I do this every week anyway because I don't have time to cook every day. if you cook everything up and put it in the fridge in containers they can just scoop and heat and you will have got it all over and done with in one day! Its an idea.

Drink heaps of water during your prep, day 3 was the hard day for me with headaches. water really helped. Drinking with meals... I always did that too. I try not to now but sometimes I take a little sip. I just cant be perfect all the time!!! I think it might be larger amounts they are talking about. Get excited Ellie, your whole life is going to change :-)
    HI Stacey, Thanks for the advice and support. It really does help and looking at your journey, you are an inspiration. I have started to meal prep for my two at home and will continue to so so for the next two weeks, however I am running out of freezer space. x
    The pre-op is hard but you can do it. In retrospect, that was the hardest part of the whole thing for me. I whipped the shakes up with ice, added sugar free flavors, a dash of decaf coffee.... Get as creative as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    The pre-op is hard but you can do it. In retrospect, that was the hardest part of the whole thing for me. I whipped the shakes up with ice, added sugar free flavors, a dash of decaf coffee.... Get as creative as you can.
    Luckily I have an option of either 1000 calorie diet or a shake diet or a combination. I am trying different ready made shakes and I can manage a couple of sips.The hard part is when the other members of the family are eating crisps, my biggest downfall. I will just have to stay strong and not cheat at all. So far today I am doing ok, I am not hungry but because I know I can't have something I want to eat it. Eating for the sake of eating and not for hunger is another of my downfalls. Thanks for the support and for your advice. x
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    HI Stacey, Thanks for the advice and support. It really does help and looking at your journey, you are an inspiration. I have started to meal prep for my two at home and will continue to so so for the next two weeks, however I am running out of freezer space. x
    Freezer space!!!!! I know. I actually think I should buy another freezer for prep. Maybe one of those small ones, I don't know where id put it though... ive been thinking about this for 4 years LOL!!! :-)
    It wasn't too bad to cook for the family as you are not hungry but my hubby helped out a lot too.
    Well today is day 2 of my pre op diet. I got through the day yesterday, yay! The hardest part of the day was when my son decided to make some delicious smelling popcorn. He offered to make me some as always. but I had to say no. ...I am motivated! x
    I was so surprised that I enjoy cooking as much as ever. Maybe its vicarious? But We have 6 adult children and grands, and love to have family meals.

I do make alterations to recipes so that I can have a small amount of them; sometimes no one notices, sometimes its not quite so good! I have learned when we do that, or go out with friends, that its the companionship and good time, not the amount of foods, that I enjoy.

You'll get there! Post op was way harder, IMHO!