Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rcupps@sbcglobal.net

Fat Guy in the Room

Rate this Entry
For the past 52 years I’ve been the fat guy in the room. I don’t really know if that’s what people thought about me but it was how I felt. I always tried to be funny and crack jokes at my expense but I was never comfortable in my own skin. Over the past 9 months I have lost 119 pounds. I’m no longer the fat guy in the room. But I still feel like I am. I look in the mirror and think who is this guy? I love the way my body is changing and I hope at some point in time my mind changes as well. I don’t ever want to go back to being that guy. I began this journey when I was 10 as I started dieting with my mom and it has been 42 years of roller coaster ride. Up and down up and down and there seemed to be no end. Today I wake up to a new chance, a new life, a life with no medication, a life that is not restricted! Thank you God for allowing me another chance to enjoy life!

Submit "Fat Guy in the Room" to Digg Submit "Fat Guy in the Room" to del.icio.us Submit "Fat Guy in the Room" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fat Guy in the Room" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow. Congratulations! I love your spirit. I'm having surgery 9 days before Thanksgiving and even though I'll still be dealing with the post-op stuff I know I'll be thankful for the beginning of a new chapter.
    Amen! So happy for you.

I'm 3 years, 3 months post-op -- and happy as I can possibly be about my health. You WILL get used to the new you. And you'll keep loving the new you.

Self-care and self-love is the secret to ALL of this.
    I knew that feeling all too well. I was also the Fat Girl in the Room. Now I am the Skinny Girl in the Room. No more fat girl. She is gone and never coming back. I love my new life way too much to give it up and go back to being unhappy.
    I felt the same way for years. You have to love yourself first, I know it sounds easy, and it is Be proud that you lost 116 lbs. and screw what anyone else is saying or thinking.