Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Teahoney711

Once again food choices.

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone.
I am 5 and a half weeks into my sleeve surgery. I am on regular food now. I just don’t know what to eat now. I work long hours some days, my break time in the morning is late, my lunch time is late, I used to by outside food, now I cook my
Food, but I am stuck on my options. I am driving myself crazy,because I don’t want to eat food which are high in calories or fat. I am stuck on salmon and shrimp steamed. I am so stuck..

Submit "Once again food choices." to Digg Submit "Once again food choices." to del.icio.us Submit "Once again food choices." to StumbleUpon Submit "Once again food choices." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Tuna/chicken/egg salads are all good choices. Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, meat & cheese wrapped in romaine lettuce, boiled eggs, grilled chicken, steak. You can have pretty much any meat cooked in a healthy manner as long as your tummy will tolerate it. I usually brought my dinner leftovers to work for lunch. And if I had issues getting in enough protein I would still have a shake. I always have a latte (espresso, nonfat milk, & Splenda) every day. I like Fa!rlife nonfat milk. Higher in protein, lower in sugar, and lactose free. It is a staple in my diet even now and I will be 1 year post op on the 3rd. My main focus at 5 1/2 weeks was getting in enough protein and liquids. I rarely had room for veggies at that phase.
    Any meat, any fish/seafood (lots more out there than salmon and shrimp), all veggies, low-fat greek yogurt, nuts, low fat string cheese, protein bars, eggs,etc. For dinner we always follow the "rule of 2," a protein and veggie. Last night snapper with dill sauce along with broccoli in the cast iron skillet, so crispy and delicious. For breakfast I typically make a big frittata (just eggs with any/all veggies and maybe some sausage and feta) which lasts us almost all week. If I'm not that ambitious it's 2 eggs, often scrambled topped with salsa. For lunch I'll often have cut up protein (yesterday it was marinated buffalo chicken breasts) on a salad with lots of veggies. Or soups! Hubby made pea soup with ham yesterday, but all his soups are amazing. Butternut squash soup was his recent highlight. I love his homemade chicken soup. On work days when I don't have leftovers I'll have one of those little green boxed Bumblebee low fat tuna salad with crackers, or yogurt, or cut up fresh veggies. Apples are excellent right now!

The options are endless. We just go to the store and see what looks good or is on sale. If you can't think that way, get some bariatric cookbooks. Good luck!
    Tea Im right here w you I was surgery sept 27th and i just came back from a cruise i called my doctors office to set up appt with my nutritionist knowing i messed up some on the cruise i was not to have beef yet or pork even pureed and did but ill get it corrected and work on eating correctly i have thank goodness not vomited but i have had few times dumping why i want to get food under control now before to late glad your doing the same.
    Thank you for your support.