Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lew1960

5 Day's Post OP

Rate this Entry
I'm 5 day's out of post op and keep having cramping pain in the center of my lower chest / upper stomach area. Fells like a gas bubble and is very pauinful and occurs several times a day is this common?

Submit "5 Day's Post OP" to Digg Submit "5 Day's Post OP" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Day's Post OP" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Day's Post OP" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think its common, although mine was in my shoulders and moving my arms hurt dreadfully. That said, about day 6 it all "disappated" to wherever it goes. I did walk, but was very tired, so not as much as I probably should have.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    It never hurts to contact your doctor. Most likely it is gas. Keep sipping and walking. It could also be some acid reflux. Are you taking anything?? If not, ask your surgeon or PCP for a PPI. Hope you feel better.
    Talked to the Dr she said it's gas related and some people have it an some don't.
    I had this as well. I assume it is normal as it has since gone away. I had a lower abdominal cramp as well but the upper 1 was the most painful. It will get better!!
    I am 6 days post op and have the same pain. It comes and goes. They say to blow out through your nose before you swallow. Doesnt seem to make much of a difference to me. I hear it should go away. I go for my 1st post op checkup tomorrow. Good luck.