Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Brass598

So the journey begins again

Rate this Entry
Hi, I'm Brass598, I live in NJ have 2 adult children both have had the VSG and my Daughter in law too so guess you can say we are a VSG Family.

Presently I'm 318 Lbs. and scheduled for surgery on 10/26/17, and I cannot WAIT!!!!
I had a lap band for 8 years, lost a total of 110Lbs but over time gained it back, had to have it removed.
I read that a lot of Dr. want patients on a liquid diet for days or weeks prior to surgery date.
Mine just wants me on liquids the last day, so Tuesday is my last full meal for a while.
My goal is 210lbs.
Did anyone here go on a binge, before surgery?
My son had his MAX weight 387Lbs. tattooed on his forearm, when I asked why he stated it was a reminder of how overweight he was.
So Proud to say he went from 387 to 188 and cannot be happier.
Well when I'm able to drive that will be the First thing I do

Submit "So the journey begins again" to Digg Submit "So the journey begins again" to del.icio.us Submit "So the journey begins again" to StumbleUpon Submit "So the journey begins again" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy to hear you are on your weight loss journey with a sleeve. ^.^ Hopefully you have been able to identify what lead you to re-gain with the lap-band and marked it has no longer an option. I say this because the sleeve is merely a tool (like the lap-band) and one can just as easily fall off the wagon. That said though, it seems you are super geared up and ready for this change!

I did not "binge" pre-op, but I did have one final comfort food dinner before I began my pre-op diet (mine was 7 days long). Even then, I didn't go overboard.

Best of luck!!!
    I did eat things I knew would be off limits for a while but did not binge. Just enjoyed them in small quantities. The sleeve is amazing but you do have to follow the rules. Wishing you much success on your sleeve journey. I am from a WLS family too. My father had the gastric bypass in 89 and my sister was sleeved in 2011. My mother (who is deceased) was obese and so is my brother. My brother has all sorts of medical issues related to obesity but don't think he will have WLS. Maybe one day? Congrats on having a date. Wishing you much success!
    Just know you could also regain all your weight with your sleeve if you don't change your lifestyle. Eat how you're taught for the rest of your life! Good luck, you can do it!
    WLS family here too. Sister had gastric bypass several years before she passed away in 2009. My niece had bypass in 2014 before she passed away in 2015. I had sleeve in 2014. My daughter had the sleeve in 2015, and subsequently became permanently brain injured due to complications. My mother had sleeve surgery in 2015. My father had his sleeve in 2016.

I went to my favorite restaurant before my sleeve, and ordered the biggest, juiciest ribeye they had. I have since lost all of my weight, and actually stayed in the underweight range for about two years. I'm healthy and doing very well now.

Best of luck to you.