Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cohoffm

Pre OP

Rate this Entry
I'm about 4 1/2 weeks until my surgery and I tried incorporating the Premier Protein shakes into my diet them in the morning for breakfast. I had to stop drinking them because they were making me gain weight. Is that normal?

Submit "Pre OP" to Digg Submit "Pre OP" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre OP" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre OP" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have been drinking them since last December when I was on my 3 month pre op diet and still drink 1 (sometimes 2) a day even now, nearly 4 months after surgery. I haven't had a problem gaining any weight while on them.

When I drink them, that's all.... I use it as a meal substitute. I don't have any other meal with the drink.
    The best way to know what's going on would be to track your food intake. I did start my protein shakes a few weeks before surgery, before my surgeon pre-op diet. I didn't gain weight, lost a few kgs but was tracking almost everyday and was cutting back on carbs.

On a normal size stomach, shakes do live space for more food. You will feel different post-op, especially the first 6 months.