Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mominatrix

Learning new things every day!

Rate this Entry
Today I discovered that if I start drinking water as soon as I wake up, Im not hungry! Ive been really struggling with feeling hungry and my surgeon wants me to get down to eating three meals a day instead of having small meals every few hours, which is what my body is telling me to do. Im not eating real meals. I can eat 3/4 of a turkey burger (patty) or 3 tablespoons of fat free cottage cheese or my protein shake if I take it slow. Things like that. Im staying under my 1000 calorie daily limit but just cant get the hang of 3 meals.
How many of you are eating just the 3 meals a day? Are you feeling hungry? My surgeon assured me that I wouldn't feel hunger for up to a year. LIE!!

Submit "Learning new things every day!" to Digg Submit "Learning new things every day!" to del.icio.us Submit "Learning new things every day!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Learning new things every day!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is a great tip... drinking water as soon as you get up. Maybe as you start drinking your waters the first thing each day... the hunger will be at bay and your surgeon's assurances will be a reality for you? (Playing devils advocate) Wishing your success, happiness and continued feeling of fullness (not hunger) xo
    I eat 3 meals a day, no snacks. And my meals aren't anything to write home about, size wise. I struggle to eat 2 oz of a 3 oz boneless chicken thigh or 2 tbs of cottage cheese. I drink a protein shake replacement instead of breakfast sometimes and can't eat 1 whole egg, whether it be scrambled or omelette style. But I try really hard to do it.

I don't have much hunger either, I do get hunger pangs about an hour before dinner but nothing like my previous pre-sleeved life. Then when dinner rolls around, I'm lucky to eat 2 oz of tuna on a Orowheat Sandwich thin.

I am SO far off from 1000 calories a day. If I hit 400- 500 it's shocking.
    Great idea, to drink water right away. It gets the metabolism going It's very difficult to get to 1,000 calories.
    I eat snacks. Not every day but if I am hungry I will eat. Sensible snacks. Protein. I know when my meal sizes get bigger I will probably not snack. But I am still eating small amounts and not breaking the calorie bank.