Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bothsidesnow2017

Comparison ladies??? CSection vs sleeve?

Rate this Entry
Ladies for those of you who have experienced both... any comparisons? I'm 3 weeks out and keep telling myself it will be a skip in the park in comparison. I just hate taking pain meds (was off day 2 after c section)!

That plus I just started watching Nurse Jackie #bigmistake

Submit "Comparison ladies??? CSection vs sleeve?" to Digg Submit "Comparison ladies??? CSection vs sleeve?" to del.icio.us Submit "Comparison ladies??? CSection vs sleeve?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Comparison ladies??? CSection vs sleeve?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had no c section, but I had a hysterectomy when I was 39, not obese, yet, and my God that was the most painful experience I had experienced until then. I was gutted like a fish and to rise out of bed brought tears each time. I was on pain meds for a couple weeks. I was in bed a few weeks and then like magic, at 6 weeks, I popped out of bed like nothing happened.

Luckily with the sleeve, I had no pain (just a little discomfort like soreness from lack of sit ups) and never took pain meds in the hospital or at home. I still have a full bottle of liquid hydrocodone put safely away. I think my dry heaving the first 24- 28 hours made up for any pain I would have had.
    I've had 2 c-sections. Sleeve was much easier. The main thing with the sleeve is I was sleepy the first week and with the C-sections I wasn't I was much more sore and had more limited mobility with the C-sections. You got this!!
    I had two c-sections and I though the sleeve surgery was much easier, especially healing!
    I had 2 c-sections, and like you, hated the pain meds. Sleeve is much much easier - wounds are smaller and higher up on stomach, so no pressure on them when you move. First few days you have gas pain, but changing position helped that. I went back to work after 2 weeks after my sleeve, on half days for the first week, then back to normal 3 day week after that.
    Hope it all goes well for you. Annie