Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DesertGal

What a First Month!

Rate this Entry
March 24, 2017 came... and went by quickly. One month post op and I survived. I'm not going to lie, it was difficult for me at times. There's people out there that had no issues with drinking enough water, taking vitamins without problems or getting in enough nutrition. I am not complaining, but drinking water is hard for me. I struggle everyday getting it in. I make sure I take ALL my vitamins and supplements and am just NOW getting to eat about 1/4 cup of food per sitting. (A scrambled egg or soup).

But, as of this morning (31 days out to be exact) I have lost 20 pounds during this time. With a total of 62 pounds gone since starting the pre op diet in December. And losing 25 inches as well.

I really have no hunger, maybe an occassional feeling but nothing like my pre surgery days, and when I think about what kinds of food I want to eat someday when I can, I imagine steamed asparagus and broccoli and this cucumber salad I made all last summer, along with a piece of rotisserie chicken. I have no desire for anything sweet and I have had cakes and cupcakes laying around here for two weeks (from a birthday and Easter) and they do nothing. Thank You Dear Lord!

All in all, I am hopeful I will meet my goals and have a much healthier life. (I am already OFF my high blood pressure meds and my cholesterol pill, so that's a start.) I am doing all I can do to be successful and and thankful everyday.

Submit "What a First Month!" to Digg Submit "What a First Month!" to del.icio.us Submit "What a First Month!" to StumbleUpon Submit "What a First Month!" to Google

Comments

Sounds like you are doing great! Ihad my surgery 2/22 - Its amazing how you don't crave sweets. I drink alot of decaff ice tea and thats how I get my water in. I too am off of 6 blood perssure meds, just taking one pill. I am also off my insulin. Im down from 304 to 235. Its amazing! Good luck and continued success
    That's not just a start! That's a STELLAR start! I hope you find time to celebrate that in a nonfood way.

I know you know that every single individual has their own sleeve experience, there are some common like hating things that were liked before, but I haven't found not two with exact experiences. And I mean exact.

So I just want to share that while I had CERO ZERO complications, I wasn't without discomforts. Like the months post op I tried eating eggs in every form and shape, and it pains it would cause like I had just eaten a cup of nails or something. But then I would take a bite of a hard boiled egg and I was fine. I think I started eating hard boiled eggs 2 months post op, maybe earlier, but if I tried them any other way better it was painful. Or I could beef, but not chicken for the longest time.

I stayed hydrated with fruit infused water, unsweetened teas all kinds, lemon peel and a spring of rosemary water, orange peel and mint water otherwise plain ol water sometimes made me feel my tummy feeling in knots.

I still have to mentally prepare every time I take my vitamins, I went back to chewables because I read that's the best way we can absorb vitamins. Pills take time to breakdown in our smaller stomach and go on to intestines before we can absorb them fully. It is not cause for alarm the first years, but malnutrition is something I do not want to deal with in my 50's and later.

So don't worry about anyone else. Just learn to listen to your body and pay attention to cues.

Comparing experiences is fun sorta, but I know my experiences will be my own.
    Its very interesting to me to read about everyone's experiences and how truly each journey is an individual road. I could never pinpoint it before Shirl, but you hit the nail on the head: if I eat chicken completely pureed (the best to my ability), I get pains that I couldn't describe. But it IS like eating nails. So I'm off chicken.
    Go Girl! Rootin for ya and stay focused. It aint the best ride, but its the one we got! Lots of love....Al
    Congratulations on your wonderful success! The information on here is invaluable, but it's just a guide, not a blue print that everyone should follow to a T. Keep up the great work.