Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

windy

Almost 5 Years Out this MAY

Rate this Entry
I will be 5 years out this May and I am still doing great. I can eat a little more now and I am in a bad habit of eating things I shouldn't eat. I am currently 174 lbs and would like to get to 160. I am starting today getting back on track. If anyone has any encouragement, I would love to hear it. Has anyone kinda of started over with liquids for a week and then start adding good food back in to get back on track after being several years out from surgery?

Submit "Almost 5 Years Out this MAY" to Digg Submit "Almost 5 Years Out this MAY" to del.icio.us Submit "Almost 5 Years Out this MAY" to StumbleUpon Submit "Almost 5 Years Out this MAY" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your anniversary! That is awesome and 174 isn't anything to sneeze at. The nutritionist said she felt I would do fine at 170-180 (I am 5'8") but I said all along I'd be thrilled with 160. After hovering at 261 pounds for quite a while, 174 seems great.

I just had surgery Friday and can offer no helpful insights, BUT, with everything I have learned on here in the last 3 months, starting on liquids again and drinking lots of water and getting in lots of protein kick starts a lot of folks' weight loss into gear.
    Congrats! on the upcoming 5th Year Sleeversary!!!

I will be a year post-op come May, so I also do not have a veteran sleever point of view and experience.

I am a firm believer in self-reflection, and I recommend to go back to your original purpose/goal for surgery. For me was reversing Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol, along with all the ailments that came with being morbidly obese. So keeping that goal is the chief motivator to changing my eating habits and adopting a healthier lifestyle that is sustainable long term. I hope and pray that I will never stray far from that path.

I have notice that the successful veterans who are 2, 3, and 4+ years out on this forum it's because they continue to be active members sharing their experiences with us newer sleeved members, perhaps because they have continued to share their experiences somehow that helps them stay present in their journeys. Just an observation.

Best wishes!
    Thank you! I am also 5'8" and I started at 304. I my lowest weight after surgery was about 155. I held about 158 for a long time so I have gained about 20 lbs. I am not drinking enough water for sure and eating too much at night and too many carbs in general. I generally do a good job during the day at work but I've gotten into a habit of evening snacking. Good luck to you and thank you for the encouragement. I don't think I look bad but I like the way I looked better at about 160 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DesrtGal
    Congratulations on your anniversary! That is awesome and 174 isn't anything to sneeze at. The nutritionist said she felt I would do fine at 170-180 (I am 5'8") but I said all along I'd be thrilled with 160. After hovering at 261 pounds for quite a while, 174 seems great.

I just had surgery Friday and can offer no helpful insights, BUT, with everything I have learned on here in the last 3 months, starting on liquids again and drinking lots of water and getting in lots of protein kick starts a lot of folks' weight loss into gear.
    I have read about the pouch reset on www.obesitycoverage.com. To me it makes sense. A lot of good info on that site. Good luck.
    Im 2 .5 years out and have gained 20 back, and need to lose 10-15. I loved being 168, size 6, now 189, size 10, 5'9. I've already bought nutrisystem lean 13, going to try this and see if it works for me. I can design the food choices more for protein rich, rather than the higher carb choices. I've been working out and trying the reset but nothing worked, thought I'd try something a little more proven. The sleeve surgery was such an incredible experience in resetting weight, id do it again just to get the same easy weightloss but again, bad habits take over with time.
    Here are a couple of threads one was started earlier this year by someone 4 years out who regained, and the other a bit older, but an impressive amount of responses. Great advice from veteran sleevers.

https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/...l=1#post566300

https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/...ighlight=years
    I will be 3 years out in May. I have also resorted back to some bad eating habits I have noticed. Luckily, I have been able to maintain somewhat given or take 5 pounds here and there. I am currently at 156. I'd like to get down to 150. I have done the pouch reset several times, and it does work. I can usually take off 5 pounds in just 3 days into it and you feel restriction almost immediately. I still have great restriction with my pouch except those pesky slider foods I can get carried away with. My advice is to do the pouch reset and then get on a high protein diet. That is what works for me, but everyone is different in what works for them. I try to stay pretty strict during the week, but I let myself have whatever I want on the weekends within reason. I know people say not to focus on the scale, but it has helped me a great deal to stay on tract. I weigh myself 3 days a week to keep me on track; Mondays to see how I did over the weekend and make adjustments, Wednesdays to see if I am on the right track and make adjustments, and Fridays to see if I am okay to go into the weekend without watching what I eat. I also exercise of some sort Monday thru Friday. I hope this helps. You have done great for being 5 years out. Congrats!
    Thank you for your encouragement. I am starting the pouch reset tomorrow. I am also a big runner but haven't been exercising lately. I am also starting that back Thursday. My mom is coming to stay with us for a little while and she is a runner also and is going to run with me to help me get back in the habit. I kind of feel tired in the evenings, so I probably need to go have blood work done also because I tend to run pretty low iron and Vitamin D and both of those things can make you feel tired. I still have good restriction with my pouch also but like you said, I have also gotten into a terrible habit of late evening snacking with slider foods. That along with not exercising have been my biggest struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Raylea00
    I will be 3 years out in May. I have also resorted back to some bad eating habits I have noticed. Luckily, I have been able to maintain somewhat given or take 5 pounds here and there. I am currently at 156. I'd like to get down to 150. I have done the pouch reset several times, and it does work. I can usually take off 5 pounds in just 3 days into it and you feel restriction almost immediately. I still have great restriction with my pouch except those pesky slider foods I can get carried away with. My advice is to do the pouch reset and then get on a high protein diet. That is what works for me, but everyone is different in what works for them. I try to stay pretty strict during the week, but I let myself have whatever I want on the weekends within reason. I know people say not to focus on the scale, but it has helped me a great deal to stay on tract. I weigh myself 3 days a week to keep me on track; Mondays to see how I did over the weekend and make adjustments, Wednesdays to see if I am on the right track and make adjustments, and Fridays to see if I am okay to go into the weekend without watching what I eat. I also exercise of some sort Monday thru Friday. I hope this helps. You have done great for being 5 years out. Congrats!
    wow Congrats!! i am 2 years...but i echo what has been said here...anyhow..thanks for the encouragement..it means the sleeve works, and we have to too!