Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

peasantme

Forums

Rate this Entry
Years ago I lost weight, got my diabetes in control and became a runner. I went from 260 down to 210. I was in an online group. I was there every day reading, responding and posting. They became my mentors, my sounding boards and the ones who picked me up when I wanted to give up. The internet can be awesome for that.

Then bad stuff happened, years passed, my life changed, and I no longer have that support. And I gained a bit opf weight back.

And here I am post sleeve and trying to lose the weight. It was easy to do post surgery alone at home... but now out in the real world, it's much harder. And I not only want to lose the weight but I want to be running again. We'll see.

I have my water bottle, that solved my problem getting enough water in. Now I have a gorgeous lunch bag coming, that will also have the same effect in keeping me focused on "my" food. But I definately need to participate here. Reading other people is sovery helpful. I always feel so much more centered after reading here. I think it's critical, at least to me, to read like minded people for their experience.

As with my water bottle, and lunch bag, reading forums will be added as a daily tool for success.

Submit "Forums" to Digg Submit "Forums" to del.icio.us Submit "Forums" to StumbleUpon Submit "Forums" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I found that hearing stories from people in similar situations really helped, too! It was one of the reasons I started blogging before I even had surgery. My blog is www.downthescale.com

Are you back to running? I love it. It's the first exercise I really like! I'm working with a trainer to improve my overall health and to improve my running.

Best wishes on your journey!
    Jen
    C25K is an awesome app to get back into running. I love it and you can find free versions by Zen Labs!!! I also love running.
    I started running post-sleeve, hadn't ran for over 30 years! I think for at least a year post surgery I walked and hiked, then started running just a tiny part of my route, then added a little more the next time, and kept it up like that until I was running the whole 3 miles I used to walk. Baby steps. I love running. (Then I had a bad accident Super Bowl Sunday and had to stop exercising all together, but I just started walking again, and hope to be able to run again in the future, but that's another story.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    I found that hearing stories from people in similar situations really helped, too! It was one of the reasons I started blogging before I even had surgery. My blog is www.downthescale.com

Are you back to running? I love it. It's the first exercise I really like! I'm working with a trainer to improve my overall health and to improve my running.

Best wishes on your journey!
    Jen
    Thank you! I am goign to check out your blog. I am not back running yet. I have a knee issue and want to lose a bit more weight to be easier on my knees. I will with walking soon though as soon as the snow is gone. Nice to hear you're running!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    C25K is an awesome app to get back into running. I love it and you can find free versions by Zen Labs!!! I also love running.
    Yes! The runners in my diabetic group trained me to run and the process they used was a C25K thing. I will def use that to return. I would like to be under 200 before I really push...the weather is getting nice so lovely walks begin soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I started running post-sleeve, hadn't ran for over 30 years! I think for at least a year post surgery I walked and hiked, then started running just a tiny part of my route, then added a little more the next time, and kept it up like that until I was running the whole 3 miles I used to walk. Baby steps. I love running. (Then I had a bad accident Super Bowl Sunday and had to stop exercising all together, but I just started walking again, and hope to be able to run again in the future, but that's another story.)
    Thank you! It's great to hear from runners. I am sorry you got hurt, I hope you heal quickly!