Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jhielscher

Looking for help

Rate this Entry
I am 4 weeks post-op from the Gastric Sleeve and was cruising along until last week. I have followed the diet almost 100% and am tracking everything I eat or drink, I have not had over a 1000 calories on any given day and hover around 700 most days. I have had no alcohol, no sweets or BAD carbs at all

In the last two weeks I have had 2 episodes of bad diareaha. Is this something I ate??? Yesterday I had very well cooked cabbage (1/4 cup) and 3oz of Turkey burger for dinner. Should I assume it was the food

By bigger concern is the last week my weights loss has stalled. NO weight loss in week 4 and averaging 700 calories a week. I AM FRUSTRATED.

Beginning weight was 413, current weight 369.2

Any suggestions, help, encouragement, information, experience would be great

Submit "Looking for help" to Digg Submit "Looking for help" to del.icio.us Submit "Looking for help" to StumbleUpon Submit "Looking for help" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your first stall ussually occurs on the 3rd week, don't worry it is your body getting used to things. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will start losing again. It was probably the cabbage, your body isnt used to the fiber yet. Maybe try some banana? It ussually helps.
    The stall is pretty common around week 3. You can search 3 week stall and you'll find plenty of reading material. Stay off the scale, take your measurements and keep plugging along. The measurements and how clothes fit is a better way to know you're losing weight. Get at least 64 oz of water and 80 g of protein. You've already lost 44 pounds..that's outstanding
    Focus on your protein and water intake. Take progress pics and measurements either weekly or bi weekly. This helps when the scale isn't as kind. But the stalls will occur over the months to come and the weight will start moving again as well. Just remember they are temporary.
    Nice job! 44 pounds is terrific!

I do understand. I had VSG on 12/6/16 and, to date, have lost about 38 pounds. I think that seems slow BUT I am trying to focus on other "wins" like compliments, bigger clothing, small measurements, etc. I stalled from about week 4 to at least week 7. My doctor said it might be because I am not getting enough calories. Seems counterintuitive but I am at 1,200 calories a day and losing again. Yup, it is slow but I will keep plugging along!

You have this so just stay focused and stay away from the cabbage for a bit :-)

Conchita
    I couldn't eat cruciferous veggies (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower) for months. I'm 13 months out and can only tolerate it now. One of the symptom was diarrhea. Keep a diary of what you eat and symptoms, it will help to know what food to avoid.
    But you are doing great, don't worry about the stalls, it's normal and expected.
    Take care!
    Hi Jim,

Has it gotten better? I am male and similar age and weight. Maybe we can help each other. I was sleeved on 2/14/17.

Let me know.

Regards,

Tom