Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

superbitcaj81

Can't get past the taste or smell of chewable vitamins

Rate this Entry
Has anyone found chewable vitamins that don't taste horrible or smell funky??

Submit "Can't get past the taste or smell of chewable vitamins" to Digg Submit "Can't get past the taste or smell of chewable vitamins" to del.icio.us Submit "Can't get past the taste or smell of chewable vitamins" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can't get past the taste or smell of chewable vitamins" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I haven't. Gummies are like candy, but don't contain everything.

Use se the patches, at PatchMD.com, or just swallow a regular vitamin, or don't take them at all til you can swallow better.

you can find some sublingual vitamins too, esp b-12, but there are others, too
    I take pills and the smell is horrible. I have always been that way with multi vitamins, though. Also, if I don't take mine at night they make me sick. Again....something that I have always had issues with.
    I tried many brands of vitamins, the Flinstones are what many take here. I took it for several weeks just because it didn't make me sicker and until I got better and could switch for something more "powerful". But anyway gummies don't have minerals or iron so I had to take at least three more supplements when taking the gummies (those were approved by mu surgeon by the way).
    I still need to take a lot of supplements, I always have it with food, on an empty stomach it does make me feel sick. But I do need to take lots of iron and it's always an issue, whatever the time..
    I use fusion multivitamins 3 times a day. Mixed fruit. They remind me of starbursts candy. Delicious
    Thank you everyone for your tips. I've always hated the taste and smell of vitamins, but due to taste and smell sensitivities that a lot of people have after surgery it concerns me that maybe this will become worse for me. I may try to find the Fusion vitamins on my last trip to the store for final supplies before my surgery on friday.
    I've tried everything. The chewables tasted really sweet to me as well. I have a huge bottle of the Bariatric Advantage sitting on my shelf. Every now and then I do try to eat them and get rid of it. I was on a bunch of Gummie vitamins and they did work for me. My labs were tested and all of my levels came out fine. I had really good success with the Centrum gummies. I did get a bottle of the regular Centrum Women's and I have been taking those for about a week with zero problems. I take B12 and Biotin Sublinguals. I take a B1 2x a week. Calcium Orange Chewables 2 x a day.
    I try to take them at night or first thing. Sometimes I forget some of them and I really need to make sure I get everything in. Hope you find what works for you.
    I can't stand chewable vitamins. I am super nose sensitive as well and have to take capsules. I have had no problem with taking capsules with my new tummy (-=
    I couldn't stand the chewables. I switched to Vitamin Code for Women capsules by 3 weeks postoperative. It's what I've taken for over 3 years and lab work is good every time.
    Awesome! Thanks, I was worried to switch to something else from the chewables that are the solid texture. My doctor acted like the gummies were the most horrible thing vitamin and mineral wise that you could ever take. I want to be sure I do this right and stick to the proper amounts of everything.
    I have found a new multi vitamin put out by Bariatric Advantage. It isn't cheap but it tastes great, it is a chewable one like a piece of caramel, in cherry and watermelon flavors, its brand new and works great, I also take their chewy calcium and their chewy iron, costs a bit more but they taste so good I want more lol. Hope that helps. (I took hated the regular pills, so big they make you choke).
    I'm almost at 9-months post op. I took the Bariatric Advantage chewable multivitamin until recently, believe me I dreaded every single day! Now I take a food base multivitamin it's not too huge and I am able to swallow it whole with no problem. Also the smell and taste isn't as bad as the bariatric one and others I have tried. My last three labs have come back excellent, except for B6 and B12 have been elevated so I only take the extra supplement once a week or when I remember. I currently only take a iron supplement a week before and during my menstrual period. I also take probiotics and enzymes on a daily basis. I need to get better about the calcium and the vitD3 supplements. I bought them both in liquid form it's worse than taking the chewables lol!
    Thank you, I bought a couple small samples of vitamins. Hopefully once I'm taking vitamins again they will work out for me.