Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Oh Lisa

Day 1 pre-op diet and the siren of lemon bars

Rate this Entry
We got home from Vegas yesterday and was doing great while there. I did gain a pound, but when you have no options sometimes on eat its tricky! My saving grace was making protein drinks in the morning to help keep it under control.

Today I started the 3 wk pre-op diet. My surgeon has me doing vitaleph. I had protein shakes for lunch and breakfast and then for dinner I had mahi mahi, leafy green salad with no calorie dressing I found at Wal Mart, 1/2 c of cottage cheese. So my total calorid intake today was 500! I'm very surprised I made it through! I finished logging it all in My Fitness Pal and then dun dun dun - the doorbell.. . . and my cute 13 yr old neighbor brought over some lemon bars. A lovely plate full of freshly made lemon bars. The smell was heavenly and I thanked her and chatted. The whole time those lemon bars were singing to me like a siren. I was Sinbad sailing along minding my own business when the Lemon Bar sirens started singing to me. Oh shame on you my sweet neighbor.

Now applause please. . . . I gave the whole plate to my husband which promptly hid them and came out with just a little powdered sugar on his face saying how horrible they were. I am determined to not look for them. And if they happen to jump out at me I will wash them in the sink with soap and then and only then if they still look delicious I may lick one - but I'm pretty sure none of that will happen.

It's funny how life just comes a knockin' saying Feed Me Seymour. I will be strong. To be honest the protein drinks aren't nearly as good as the protein powder I was taking beforehand. After this week I go to strict drinks. Sigh, I can do this. I know I can. Now only if my neighbors didn't like us - then this process would be a lot easier - ha ha.

Does anyone out there have some way to make the drinks more appetizing? Any info over the next 3 weeks will be highly appreciated.

Submit "Day 1 pre-op diet and the siren of lemon bars" to Digg Submit "Day 1 pre-op diet and the siren of lemon bars" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 1 pre-op diet and the siren of lemon bars" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 1 pre-op diet and the siren of lemon bars" to Google

Comments

i totally hear you. I am on my last day of my liquid diet. Its hard I have only lost 5 lbs but 5 lbs is 5 lbs
    I know right! I did my pre-op diet from January 1st...for some mysterious reason everybody came to see me with boxes of chocolate that month...my closet was freaking full of chocolate like if I had a candy store inside our apartment and I was doing my pre-op diet and not eating any carbs. I gave everything away! To be clear, those friends didn't know about the surgery...it was not against me, they were just sweet...I mean...nice..
    Protein shakes...I tried so many brands...I do like an unflavored powder and make it really cold with PB2 and organic unsweet dark cocoa...
    You are doing great. I remember starting my pre-op diet. I only had to do 10-14 days. On day 2 I slipped up and ate baked chicken from KFC. I never usually ate KFC AT ALL because it tore up my stomach, but this was when they were first coming out with the baked chicken, and my then husband agreed we MUST try it. Well, I regretted that. Was on the toilet the entire next day. That was all the punishment I needed. Didn't cheat again, lost 20lbs.