Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Libby8732

What do you eat ?

Rate this Entry
I'm almost 5 weeks out and eating normally. What do you eat ? The last couple of days I have been eating what my family eat just 150 grams , for example , yesterday it was some home cooked ham, coleslaw, peas and potato wedges. I felt normal for the first time in ages. Will \i still lose weight doing this or do I need to stick to the things like a piece of fish or chicken with green veg and sweet potato. I was becoming sick of this and it was getting me down somewhat.

Only thing is I'm worried I won't lose weight just having what we have as a family only in smaller amounts.

What have you all done ? I still have a protein shake everyday.

thank you in advance

Submit "What do you eat ?" to Digg Submit "What do you eat ?" to del.icio.us Submit "What do you eat ?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What do you eat ?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've always eaten a balanced diet of all food groups, including veggies, fruit and grains. Just really heavy on the protein and VERY light on the non nutritive carbs like bread, pasta and sweets. At five weeks, I probably would have passed on the potato wedges since they would have taken up sleeve space with no real benefit. I make my food choices based on nutritive value and sleeve space vs calories. When Choosing, consider if it will provide the nutrients your body needs (protein, vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, fiber) or will it just be calories that sabotage your weight loss attempts?

And yes, even at 3 years out I still have a protein shake almost every day. 80g protein and 100+ oz of water every day have been vital to my success.
    For dinner we always follow our self-imposed "rule of two," a protein and a veggie. I'm married to a "foodie" so he always comes up with something amazing. We do eat a lot of fish and seafood, I've found that goes down a whole lot easier than meat.

Eating some of what your family eats won't hurt you at all (in my opinion!), just focus on the protein and veggies first.

Breakfast I almost always have eggs. Lunch I have leftovers from dinner. If there are none I love the little green bumblebee tuna salad packs, a pre-made low fat tuna salad with crackers. Other staples are protein bars, low-fat greek yogurt, nuts, and low-fat string cheese.

But I'm far from perfect, last night we went out and I had a piece of pizza. At "Twisted Fresh" we'll order the three taco basket, he will have 2 along with the chips and drink, I'll have one.

My favorite food in the world is Ahi Tuna. If often order that off the appetizer menu at restaurants. I save the stuff I shouldn't be eating (like bread) for special occasions, like at a restaurant that has amazing bread.

Hope this helps a little. I really don't feel I eat any differently than anyone else. I have never once felt "deprived." I have never counted calories (my nut said not to), just liquid and protein.
    You'll still lose, but at a slower rate. Carbs will slow you're wt loss down, but you're still taking in fewer calories than before surgery.
    As a side note...it won't hurt your family to eat what YOU eat, rather than vice versa.
    I agree with everyone one else. Personally I stay away from carbs because it slows me way down. I love veggies but I eat protein first and then veggies if I have room.
    Thank everyone - advise duly noted xxx