Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bencredo

Freedom!

Rate this Entry
After going through all of this, I find that there is only one lingering question in my mind...WHY DID I NOT DO THIS SOONER! When the doctor told me that they were going to take out 85% of my stomach, I was not surprised. When they told me that it would include the hunger gland, I raised my eyebrows a bit. But let me tell you...I do not feel hungry at all!!!

I have started eating solid foods and for the first time since my surgery, I feel more like myself. I have more energy and not sure if that is because of the food or because I have lost the weight. This is awesome! For those of you who are reading and considering to have the procedure...DO IT! You will not regret it. The only thing that I can compare it to is being set free! Food no longer rules my life!

For so many years, I struggled with dieting. I tried one thing after another. Some never worked. Others only moderately, but then I reverted back to my old ways. It is so liberating to eat because you have to, not because you want to.

My pocketbook is thanking me too. I have gone from spending $120 a week on food, to $10 a week! If I keep this up, I will pay for my surgery in no time!

Before surgery, I had lost 50 lbs. I am now only 15 lbs. short of losing 100 lbs. That means that I have lost 35 lbs. in 25 days! And you know, what blows my mind is that I am learning that my body only needs 4 oz. of food at every meal! I think I can do this for the rest of my life! One thing that I do know for sure...I will never be under the bondage of food again!

Submit "Freedom!" to Digg Submit "Freedom!" to del.icio.us Submit "Freedom!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Freedom!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're doing great! I feel it's all in the positive attitude, and you've got that part down!

I hate to break it to you, but that no hunger thing doesn't last forever. Take full advantage while you have it. Now I do get hungry, real stomach growling hunger not "head hunger" people talk about, but when I eat the right foods, it's no problem.

We ate out twice yesterday. Eggs and one piece of sausage for breakfast, a long hike, a tiny bit (maybe 1/8) of hubby's Chipotle chicken bowl for lunch, 2 low fat string cheese sticks for a snack, and an ahi tuna appetizer for dinner on top of some delicious slaw. And I did have an alcoholic drink before the tuna. I feel like I'm eating like a king and staying slim, it's so much fun!!
    I tried to do it 3 years ago, did the full 12 months of appointments, dietitian appointments psych visit, EGD, sleep study then the doctor said go home and get ready for surgery i will call you with a date. 2 days later he called me and said that i did not have coverage on my insurance for the surgery. That was their job to check on that before the first visit. Dumb asses