Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Queen_D

Getting Started

Rate this Entry
Had my first visit to the weight loss center today, I met with the Nurse and Dietitian. I found out that I only need 3 months of supervised diet before they will submit for approval through insurance. That puts me at around December for surgery! I'm so pleasantly surprised that my previous info (stating 6 months) was incorrect.

My next appointment (initial surgeon visit and 2nd dietitian visit) is September 28th! And my 1st PCP visit of 3 is September 7th!

I will need to meet with the psychologist, get an endoscopy, sleep study (which is in the process of being scheduled), labs, and possibly a gallbladder ultrasound. I also must attend 2 a two-hour preop class with the nurse and dietitian. Then everything will be submitted to insurance (approval expected within 2 days) and I will meet with my surgeon to get a date! Woohoo!

~~~My timeline~~~
August 9, 2016: Submitted online application to King's Daughters Medical Center Surgical Weight Loss Program through Medicaid (Ky WellCare) with BMI 47 and no comorbidities

August 10, 2016: Received call for insurance approval and scheduled first appointment

August 31, 2016: First appointment with nurse and dietitian (3 months supervised diet required)

September 28, 2016: initial visit with surgeon and 2nd visit with dietitian

Submit "Getting Started" to Digg Submit "Getting Started" to del.icio.us Submit "Getting Started" to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting Started" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck to you in this process. cheers
    That is great news!! My insurance required 6 visits with the dietitian!

I started this Journey in January and just finished all of my required visits and got a surgery date today for Sept 20th! Good Luck to you!! keep us posted!!
    Awesome news! I have my appointment this Friday and I am hoping I will be as lucky as you. Keep us posted!!
    Time will fly by!! Use this time before surgery to develop better eating habits and learn to sip your water and chew your foods 20-30 times before swallowing. Good habits now will make it much easier once your surgery is done. Good luck to you!!