Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

trwilson75

Did anyone get sleeved that's under 200lbs?

Rate this Entry
Did anyone get sleeved that started out Under 200lbs?
Im at about 180+ and only 5'1".
I have seen nothing but the scales rise - and all the women in my family are obese.. I have struggled all my adult life to try and keep my weight down..
but all I see is it moving up.. just like my gram and great gram.. etc..
Is it wrong for me to want to nip this now?

Submit "Did anyone get sleeved that's under 200lbs?" to Digg Submit "Did anyone get sleeved that's under 200lbs?" to del.icio.us Submit "Did anyone get sleeved that's under 200lbs?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Did anyone get sleeved that's under 200lbs?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

There are several people. If someone is really short and petite and they should weigh 110 lbs, well, that's the same as a tall person needing to lose 90 lbs.

Better to go by BMI, at least it takes a persons ht into consideration.
    I am taller than you and had surgery at less than 200. I see no good reason to wait until your health is rapidly deteriorating and more years are gone. The decision is yours if you are self pay. Educate yourself. Make sure that you understand the undertaking and choose a good program. I have been listening to Weight Loss Surgery podcast on iTunes. It is free and SOOO informative.

Best of luck to you.
    According to the BMI calculator I looked at, you are classified as obese. I started at 217 and 5'3", also obese. Lost 75 pounds, which is quite a lot on a short person. So I'd say go for it! Best decision I ever made.

Look at the BMI calculator and see what you should weigh to be in the "desirable" weight range.
    I was 170 and 5'!
    Sleeved 9 days ago! in Mexico!
    I was 180 lb and 5' 1''
    I am 199 and I am having surgery in October
    I was as well. Had lap band 9 years ago and in the end had lots of trouble so Doctor suggest removing band and getting sleeve.
    Thanks
    Cathy
    I am 4'9. Surgery weight was 162
    Similar to you. 5'1" and was at 184 before I started preparations for surgery. Started pre-op 2 days ago at 170. Its about long term health.
    So glad to see others that were in my shoes!
    I am 2 weeks post op right now - still struggling to get enough in...
    but - don't regret it.. just hope this all evens out..
    i have lost 16lbs.. so I am happy about that - but I just want to feel normal so I can get more protein in my body.. when I feel blah I just dont drink enough (water or shakes)...