Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

zizi

GS? in Mexico?

Rate this Entry
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but why did you / would you travel to Mexico to get this procedure done?

I'm having to jump through a bunch of hoops for my insurance and have yet to receive an approval, I was wondering if it's just plain ole easier to get on a plane and go get sleeved in Mexico?

Also, how do you follow up?

Any info is greatly appreciated, I'm just weighing my options and trying to have a backup plan in case my insurance doesn't approve me.

Thanks!

Submit "GS? in Mexico?" to Digg Submit "GS? in Mexico?" to del.icio.us Submit "GS? in Mexico?" to StumbleUpon Submit "GS? in Mexico?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

From I have read Mexico is affordable to cash patients, compared to $12k and up here in the states. Connect with Kindle, she went through a Bariatric surgical center of excellence in Mexico, and had great follow up support. Also look up Brand Surgical in Glendale, CA I had my outpatient gastric sleeve there with Dr. Lyass through my insurance, and I heard from other patients who paid cash that they paid somewhere around $7000 if I am not mistaken.
    Our insurance did not approve me and my hubby, we went to Dr Verboonen and had an A+ experience, 4500.00 each and our follow up is with our primary doc. Best thing we ever did.
    I think it all comes down to cost. You go to Mexico and have the same surgery and its thousands of dollars cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    From I have read Mexico is affordable to cash patients, compared to $12k and up here in the states. Connect with Kindle, she went through a Bariatric surgical center of excellence in Mexico, and had great follow up support. Also look up Brand Surgical in Glendale, CA I had my outpatient gastric sleeve there with Dr. Lyass through my insurance, and I heard from other patients who paid cash that they paid somewhere around $7000 if I am not mistaken.
    My insurance is calling this procedure 'cosmetic'. I do not foresee myself getting approved as easily as my surgeon seems to think I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifermeske
    Our insurance did not approve me and my hubby, we went to Dr Verboonen and had an A+ experience, 4500.00 each and our follow up is with our primary doc. Best thing we ever did.
    I think it's so nice that you both did this together. It's so important to have someone to share this experience with and your were both lucky enough to share it with one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    I think it all comes down to cost. You go to Mexico and have the same surgery and its thousands of dollars cheaper
    Makes sense! I'm going to seriously research this as my back up plan!
    My insurance didn't cover WLS. I researched all surgeons with 250 miles of my home as well as those in TJ and went with the most qualified, experienced one with the lowest complication rate. He just happened to be one of the ones in TJ. He's actually taught laparoscopic technique in the US and Canada, has done 16,000+ bariatric surgeries with a complication rate 1/10 that of the US average. None of the US surgeons I looked at even came close. And like Shirl mentioned, his facility is an International Center of Excellence. For me it wasn't even a cost thing.

As for follow up, he and his team were available for questions via email and phone 7 days/week. The only hands on after care I've ever needed is annual Bloodwork that my PCP takes care of. I actually had a much better surgical experience in Mexico than I did in the US when I had my gallbladder removed.

My aunt and uncle live in TX and go to Mexico for most of their medical and dental care
    Most people go because of the cost..I saved 7k!