Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Laurynsmum

July 12th, 2016

Rate this Entry
Wow I am still in shock, I cant believe I FINALLY have a date, its been 7 long years of waiting for shit to happen and nothing has, and now these past two months it seems to have taken off at super speed!!! Monday I get a call that they have a surgery date for me and need to me to come to Moncton (4 hour drive from me) on Tuesday am at 10:30 for an apt. so once I go there I came to find out that it was pre-opp testing which I wasn't told on the phone by pre-opp, I had x-rays, blood work, a cardiogram, then I met with the nurse to go over all the details, then the resphitory therapist and then finally the dietitian, it was one apt after another, I was there until 2pm, I was very overwhelmed when I left there as it was a lot of information to take in and all so quickly but after a couple days to process this information I am doing much better!

So I have ordered my shakes, I start them on Tuesday July 19th, hoping they don't taste like chalk lol. then Tuesday July 26th I need to go back to Moncton for a weigh in and a MRAS (or something like that) test, its a 15 minute apt and 8 hours of driving, yay me! lol then if that goes well, which it will, I go back down Aug 2nd, 2016 to have my surgery, just 19 more sleeps!!!!

Eeeek I am so excited to start this leg of my journey, but I am also very nervous at the same time, I am mostly worried about the possibility of complications that could arise, but I will take this one day at a time!

Submit "July 12th, 2016" to Digg Submit "July 12th, 2016" to del.icio.us Submit "July 12th, 2016" to StumbleUpon Submit "July 12th, 2016" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh congratulations!! 7 years is a long time to wait, so I am so happy for you. It will be that much sweeter when you finally get to experience the process of seeing your dreams come true. Best wishes-keep us posted!
    Thank you! I am very excited and there will be updates!
    The time will go quickly. Good luck
    I'm just a little ahead of you. Mines on the 20th. Our times will be here before you know it. YAYYYY
    Thank you, I can not wait, I am counting down the days! my shakes arrived today so it makes it seem that much more real!!!