Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ash1021

Mexico surgery - stitches

Rate this Entry
If you had surgery in Mexico, how did you get your stitches out ?

Submit "Mexico surgery - stitches" to Digg Submit "Mexico surgery - stitches" to del.icio.us Submit "Mexico surgery - stitches" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mexico surgery - stitches" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I didn't have my surgery in Mexico, but I didn't need to go for any stitch removal... The stomach is closed with staples and dissolvable stitches and the incisions were closed with skin glue that takes over a week to wear off, so the incisions are closed when it finally does come off. You may want to ask your specific surgeon about that prior.
    I didn't have stitches, my incisions were closed with tissue glue and steri strips. If your surgeon uses sutures or staples they should give you instructions for removal (either self or followup with your PCP)
    My wife took mine out. Pretty simple.
    I had my surgery in Mexico by Dr. Almanza and my PCP here at home took mine out. Good luck to you!
    I had to go to my primary care, but one section reopened so I went to the immediate care center and had it restitched..they will also take them out!
    I had my surgery in TJ. My PCP took them out and insurance paid for it.
    stiches are super easy to remove on your own, just be sure there's no infection and the sides are well stuck together (approximated).

you just snip and pull. doesn't even hurt, but clean the stitches with betadine before pulling them, or you'll pull bacteria into the wound.

then, if you want, you can apply steri-strips to each site, just to be sure the outer skin heals up nicely.
    Dr Almanza did my surgery and I went to an urgent care my insurance covered it
    I had surgery in TJ Mexico. I went to my local urgent care to have them removed 14 days out. But had to have steri strips put over then incisions. My regular dr is an hour away so that is why I chose urgent care.