Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Alaska Girl B

My First Blog Ever:

Rate this Entry
On the countdown to May 30th, my surgery date.
Have my shopping lists ready and am excited about getting everything
ready for post op. Went through my clothes closet yesterday and get out my favorite dresses and jeans that I want to fit into again...Filled a bag of Xlarge clothes that will fall off of me in the postop months. I have cut out all but one soda a week from my diet...I am having a hard time giving up coffee in the morning time...Will do that at two weeks out from surgery. I have ordered the nutri bullet for my liquid shakes and other mushy foods in the future. Started to pack my suitcase for San Diego. Taking loose fitting and soft comfortable clothing. I am thankful for two people who have really helped me prepare for this journey. All the posts have been wonderful that I have been able to read and learn how to prepare...So thankful for gastricsleeve.com .

Submit "My First Blog Ever:" to Digg Submit "My First Blog Ever:" to del.icio.us Submit "My First Blog Ever:" to StumbleUpon Submit "My First Blog Ever:" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Aydensmomma
    You sound so ready to go! I recommend slip on shoes too, bending down wasn't fun for me. Make sure you measure yourself before you start pre-op diet and right before surgery. Take a "selfie" every two weeks, you'll look back and see yourself shrinking ;-)
    As for the coffee....I wasn't a caffeine drinker but I have heard some people complain of caffeine withdrawal. Definitely try to get that out of the way before surgery, one less pain to have.
    Please keep us posted!!
    Thank you for your response and recommendations...I appreciate your help and will begin my withdrawal of caffeine in another week. Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewmetoday
    i DID NOT HAVE CAFFEINE POST SURG FOR 3 DAYS. AT THE AIRPORT GOING HOME I HAD A LOVELY LATTE, OH MY GOD. I DID NOT DIE AND MY BODY WAS HAPPY. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD MY COFFEE WITH HONEY AND CREAM. THAT WAS MY CHOICE. I REACHED GOAL FIRST YEAR AND MAINTAINING FOR 3. BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR SURG. AND POST JOURNEY.
    Thank you so much! You are the first person who has told me that I will not have to go without my coffee the rest of my life! Thank you for your note of encouragement! Appreciate you! Alaska Girl B
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    I switched to decaf cause I really like that cup in the morning.
    Thanks Pam G, great idea for me, as I love coffee...and I only drink it in the morning also! Alaska Girl B
    So, headed out today to get my Liquid supply in stock...I have got to add decaf to my list.
    My list consists of: powerade, gatorade, premier protein shakes, white grape juice, chicken and beef broth, apple juice, cranberry juice, skim milk, popsicles, pedialite popsicles, jello...

Hope this list helps others who are headed the same direction as myself...I have been helped by others and so want to pass it forward! Alaska Girl B