Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

RobyneYvette

Weight gain after starting to work out

Rate this Entry
Has anyone experienced weight gain after working out for 2 to 3 weeks?

Submit "Weight gain  after starting to work out" to Digg Submit "Weight gain  after starting to work out" to del.icio.us Submit "Weight gain  after starting to work out" to StumbleUpon Submit "Weight gain  after starting to work out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Maybe it's muscle? They say muscle weighs more than fat! Good luck to you! I'm starting to exercise after months of slacking off so I'll be paying attention to those scale numbers too
    when you damage muscles through exercise, they swell (retain fluids), repair themselves, then you have a bigger muscle.

So, at first, you'll retain fluids in your muscles, then the fluid will pass and you'll be left with a heavier muscle. So, if you're lifting weights, you would be growing larger muscle (and also gaining weight)
    Thank you !!
    Yes, I do the same thing, and it infuriates me! lol! All that work...and for what! It does make you feel better, and stamina equals more activity which equals calories burned....that's the theory anyway...
    Pound for pound muscle and fat weight the same, but there is certainly a difference in the visual where a pound of muscle is significantly smaller and more compact than a pound of fat. So keep working out and measure your success by the way your clothes fit and feel on you rather than what the scale says. And if you are going to be weighing yourself everyday, because that's what we do! invest in a good scale that measures your fat too like Withings scale.

Here is good article with visuals https://missamykennedy.wordpress.com/tag/fat-vs-muscle/

Body composition and weight scales
    http://www.myweighin.net/best-body-fat-scale-reviews/
    Updated 04-28-2016 at 11:06 AM by Shirl (Added links)
    Believe it or not I used to be a body builder. What a joke. Lifting weights is much more effective for becoming a smaller person until you become a power lifter. BUT DONT WEIGH YOURSELF! If you want to weigh the least starve yourself be ok with being an anorexic. But if you want body transformation lift weights until you think your arms and legs are going to fall off, eat protein 1st, never any bread or starch, drink lots of water and get lots of sleep! Do that for a month and see your body change but don't weigh yourself until month 2! Guaranteed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananna
    Believe it or not I used to be a body builder. What a joke. Lifting weights is much more effective for becoming a smaller person until you become a power lifter. BUT DONT WEIGH YOURSELF! If you want to weigh the least starve yourself be ok with being an anorexic. But if you want body transformation lift weights until you think your arms and legs are going to fall off, eat protein 1st, never any bread or starch, drink lots of water and get lots of sleep! Do that for a month and see your body change but don't weigh yourself until month 2! Guaranteed!
    thanks! I started using the wt machines at the gym and at first, I couldn't even lift enough wt to make my muscles hurt! But now, after 4 weeks, I've increased the weight considerably. and now I'm a-hurtin' every day!

Obviously, there's no definition, cause it's all still covered in blub...lol
    I am so glad you posted this. I started weight training last week and had a gain. I felt so disappointed. I went into that "I've failed" attitude. I am down 93 pounds and trying hard to hit 100. But this gain I had was a setback. I can feel a difference in my clothing so that right there turned my negativity around. I threw out my scale and will not use it again for a long while.