Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Romandona

My first restaurant dinner out

Rate this Entry
So Saturday evening we went to dinner with some friends. I was nervous but I did great. I checked them menu ahead of time and planned what I was going to order. I didn't share my "sleeve" with some of these people as some are business friends.

I didn't miss the alcohol and only had water, just tiny sips. There were some appetizers ordered to share. Most of which I could not eat, but my husband ordered braised pork belly. I had two small bites and chewed very well. It appeared that I was eating constantly, because of the small bites and lots of chewing.

Dinner came with a salad, which I picked at and ate the cucumbers, which I knew I could have because I added them to my diet last week. For dinner I ordered seared scallops with no butter, came with asparagus and choice of potato, which I requested mashed.

I ate 4 of my five scallops and about 2-3 tablespoons of mashed - I felt so good that I was able to accomplish a dinner out at a nice restaurant without feeling stressed.

As you can see, I was sleeved on March 16. Weight before pre-op diet was 310, surgery date weight was 294. Today's weight 271. Feeling like I received the best gift I could give myself.

Following plan. Had bloodwork done this morning and going for my dr appointment next week. Looking forward to good news at dr. office.
Thanks for letting me share.

Submit "My first restaurant dinner out" to Digg Submit "My first restaurant dinner out" to del.icio.us Submit "My first restaurant dinner out" to StumbleUpon Submit "My first restaurant dinner out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

yay! I went out to eat this weekend pre-op and looked at the menu now for what I might have "then". Funny, I decided it would be scallops, too!
    we went out last night, too, and I was looking for stuff I'd be able to eat post op. not much at this place. Fried catfish, fried chicken, fries, gumbo, etc.

they did have a salad and burgers, though, so there's that.

Can we have fried fish? maybe pick off some of the breading?
    Yay - thats good going I do find eating out or any eating very difficult. I just dont enjoy food anymore! Oh well Id rather be slim ! Sounds like you had a lovely time - Im well jel
    My hubby and I eat out at least once per week and I allow myself fast food breakfast once per week. Eating out is still very much enjoyable and I don't feel like I've given anything up other than the clean plate club! I order a lot of appetizer's as my entrée and no one bats an eye. I LOVE steak, and have found that some restaurants kids menu steaks are still 6oz which means I could have that but no room for anything else while other's have 4 oz kids steaks which leaves me room for part of a salad and about 1/2 portion of a second veggie. I have wore my hubby out with my cravings for steak, so he orders chicken now but often times ends up finishing my steak- usually just a few bites.
    I always order water with my meal but only sip it if I absolutely need it as I have gotten so used to the 30/30 rule that I usually end up never touching the water.
    Hubby and I are taking my mom and her sister on vacation with us in about 2 weeks and there will be lots of eating out and dinner shows. I plan to thoroughly enjoy myself and still stick to my healthy eating and habits. Our hotel has a gym and an indoor/outdoor pool that we plan to use daily.
    30/30 rule?
    no liquid 30 min. before eating and 30 min after eating.
    wow... that's great.. that's the goal isn't it. it all sounds yummy, im glad you could enjoy it.. Im only 3 weeks out and just starting purees, which are still difficult. I cannot wait to order a real meal and be able to enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewmetoday
    no liquid 30 min. before eating and 30 min after eating.
    Thanks for answering... I appreciate you taking the time to help me.