Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Melanie28

Puréed food ideas???

Rate this Entry
So on Wednesday I can start with puréed foods. Lately I've been reading how some puréed foods did not settle good. As far as the list of foods my surgeon gave me, the only appetizing one is mashed potatoes. But I really don't want to live off mashed potatoes for 2 weeks lol! So I am asking for some ideas please

Thanks !

Ps-incisions are healing nice. I did have a little leakage this morning? But I covered it with a bandage. After 10 days, they should be pretty healed, so I shouldn't be concerned right?

Submit "Puréed food ideas???" to Digg Submit "Puréed food ideas???" to del.icio.us Submit "Puréed food ideas???" to StumbleUpon Submit "Puréed food ideas???" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Since I'm cooking for my family too, I usually make something I can turn into soup (or pureed food but not right now). I made roasted chicken with carrots, onions, mushroom and roasted potatoes. I made chicken soup with carrots, chicken soup with rice and carrots etc...
    With a pork stew I did almost the same. Steamed fish, took a moist piece to make soup too. Next week I will try with beans (make a stew), but also I'm cleared to have hummus, I might try that.

Leakage plus pain? you might need to show that to a nurse...
    Refried beans with cheese and green chili were one of my favorite
    Cottage cheese
    Hummus
    Scrambled eggs
    Mashed avocado
    Pureed tuna fish with mustard
    Deviled ham
    Egg salad
    Pureed chicken salad
    Mashed cauliflower with cheese
    And my mainstay was cream soups with unflavored protein powder added. Or really any soup pureed with unflavored protein powder....cream of shrimp, broccoli cheddar, French onion, lobster bisque, egg drop, cream of mushroom, tomato basil, hot and sour, butternut squash, split pea....endless possibilities
    And if you're gonna waste your limited sleeve space on mashed potatoes, at least add unflavored protein powder to them.
    @Kindle
    I'm 11days post op so I don't start puréed for another few days but all your suggestions seem pretty yummy!! I will definitely try a few! Can't wait to get to that stage!!
    I bought and planned all kinds of stuff for when I started pureed food, and ended up throwing most out! Remember that your capacity will be real small. For me, yogurt, refried beans and soups (especially tomato) were the best for me, and a can of refried beans or tomato soup lasts a real long time when you only eat 1/4 cup at a time! Stay away from empty calories if you can help it (i.e. mashed potatoes). You want food that gives you some sort of nutrients and definitely protein! I also added unflavored protein powder as Kindle suggested.
    I survived on meatballs...I would mash them with my fork. I made 2oz size balls and ate them with homemade sauce.