Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

johnsvh1

Tomorrow is the big day

Rate this Entry
Tomorrow I report at 8:30am for the surgery. It helps there is a Downton Abbey marathon on right now-a crazy family but a calming show.

I have a headache and kind of become overcome with tears each time I concentrate on tomorrow. I guess this is fear of the unknown. I know nobody that has gone through this which is why I joined this forum. My mother comparing it to her arm surgery at every turn isn't helping.

I very much want to fast forward through thsee next weeks of liquids still, strained soups, and fork soft food and start on the protein first with small bites- the lifetime change diet. I guess because the next weeks are a little more unclear than after that.

While nervous I am ready for tomorrow-even if the next few weeks are a bit unknown.

Submit "Tomorrow is the big day" to Digg Submit "Tomorrow is the big day" to del.icio.us Submit "Tomorrow is the big day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tomorrow is the big day" to Google

Comments

DON'T FORGET TO BREATH, SURG. WILL BE OVER SOON AND THEN YOU CAN MOVE FORWARD. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. HUGS AND BEST WISHES.
    Good luck to you, no worries. I had double hernia repair along with the sleeve. Two days in the hospital. Biggest problem was not being able to pee. Had to be cath'd both days. Found out it is a common issues for men. Only spent two weeks after surgery on liquid protein due to I was losing weight too fast. Put me on soft food at week two due to constant diarrhea on the protein shakes. Heck of an effective way of losing weight. I wish you well, you got this!
    You are gonna do great! Dont worry about a thing.
    Hi John,
    Good luck and best wishes for tomorrow!! and please, please please, don't say anything about what's happening on Downton Abbey in your next post , I'm keeping it as a treat to watch after surgery when in hospital (Jan 20).
    I'm the same, nobody around me to share experience about weight loss surgery.
    Actually I'm not talking about it with my mother, she thinks that surgery is "cheating" well, of course she eats like if they were no tomorrow and is like a stick...obesity is from my dad's side.
    Parent's are not always the best to deal with, but they can't help it and are to old to change, with internet at least we can share experience with new pals online! take care!