Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

eytria

First Menstruation after surgery....

Rate this Entry
OK this is a hard topic but got no one else really to ask and can't find nothing on line. I started my monthly and I'm on blood thinners, so this it really weird. Plus I'm dropping weight really fast and my diet isn't the same. So does ANYONE have any experience or advise they could offer ?? This is so far from a "normal" cycle that I really don't know what to make of it or if I should be worried???? Sorry again, I know this isn't the best subject.........

Submit "First Menstruation after surgery...." to Digg Submit "First Menstruation after surgery...." to del.icio.us Submit "First Menstruation after surgery...." to StumbleUpon Submit "First Menstruation after surgery...." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Not sure... My monthly visitor left me a few years ago on her own. I'm hoping she don't come back after I lose some of this weight...I would say call your doctor and maybe not take the thinners until then.. Hope things get better for you!
    I can cal tomorrow but I'll keep on my meds until I hear from the office. Was just kind of hope some of the ladies here might be able to fill me in lol Thanks for you reply though Liz44 I apreciate it =)
    There is nothing related to sleeve that is too sensitive to ask on here. I was 70 when I had sleeve so can`t be too helpful. lol There have been others who found changes with period post surg. The hormones tend to react to surg.
    Best to check with doc.
    There is nothing related to sleeve that is too sensitive to ask on here. I was 70 when I had sleeve so can`t be too helpful. lol There have been others who found changes with period post surg. The hormones tend to react to surg.
    Best to check with doc.
    Thanks thenewmetoday =) basically I have been told that I need to take my iron supplement ever day during my cycle while on the blood thinners and that I only need to be concerned if I don't clot at all or if it becomes a hemorrhage. ( more than a pad a hour ) Sure would of been nice to know this stuff before hand lol
    I don't have any advice really but I can say that after surgery I got my period exactly a week after and I have been menstruating since. So about 1 month straight and counting :-( I went from not getting my period due to my birth control, to not being able to stop haha. This SUCKS.

I think our bodies are just so stressed out they don't know what to do. I had a feeling the blood thinner being given to me was not helping but idk. If you do find any answers let me know. I have been googling in desperation this entire month. Good luck, and you are not alone!
    Oh wow neaty521 no answers from your DR.??? I can't do no month cycle. Society wouldn't be safe. I'll give it, it's normal course time but after that I'm all over my DR's to fix it lol
    LOL I sure hope mine don't come back considering it left on it's own... I didn't force it to leave so I sure as hell don't want it back!!! Good luck eytria and neaty521.. Hope Aunt flo leaves soon!!!
    Life is getting better now, Flo is leaving and good riddance. ( for now ) and only 2 more weeks of the blood thinners. I'd be happy to never have to do shots again. I really wish there was more out there on what to expect lol but now I know and I'm sure one day I will have to share lol Thank you all so much
    I have my monthly the day after my surgery so that felt like a party dealing with surgery and that lol. I am on Birth control and each one after has been for 2 weeks. I ask the nurse I see at check ups and she did say that the surgery could cause it. Because it is such a shock to are system .. So I will be happy when it gets under control lol. Good luck on your weight loss you will do great
    I had a regular cycle - 28 days but since the gastric sleeve i have it every 19 days. My surgeon suggested that i ask my pcp to be put on contraceptive pill which i did and everything is ok now.