Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LadyLitteRock

How Did I gain Weight, WTF !!! 3 Weeks Out!!!

Rate this Entry
Just a few days ago, I posted how excited I was, I was finally under 200 lbs. I made it to 198 lbs. Amazing, since I had also loss 12.75 inches.

I get up this morning and decided to check the scale to see my progress and to my dismay, I gained 2lbs. I am back to 200.2 lbs. like WTF !!! MAN !!! how is this possible. I checked my inches, since that was actually 8 days ago, and no change. I have gone through the forums, and see how people stalled sometimes at 3-4 wks and again at 7-8 weeks sometimes, etc... but I have yet, to see anyone post they gained weight within the first month of surgery.

Is my body rejecting my diet plan, already. Im sorry but this was a slap in my face, very disappointing, discouraging, and depressing, I feel like I failed, the sleeved failed, feel like crying. This is too early.

I have been following the plan to the T. I have increased my calories like the plan says aiming for 600-800 calories. I am getting in 60-80 grams of protein, I am drinking all my daily fluids, I have been walking at least 30 mins + a day.
I have not gone away from the plan for absolutely no reason.
Does this mean once I get to 800-1000 calories, that's it, I will not lose anymore weight? Im done?

I don't understand, I have even accepted the fact, that yes, I have loss some muscle, which I am ok with now, because I figured my body has to slim down in all ways-muscle and fat.
But how on barely nothing can I gain.
Starvation mode, would prevent me from losing and create a stall, not an increase.

Has this happened to anyone or am I the lucky one? any ideas?

Submit "How Did I gain Weight, WTF !!! 3 Weeks Out!!!" to Digg Submit "How Did I gain Weight, WTF !!! 3 Weeks Out!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "How Did I gain Weight, WTF !!! 3 Weeks Out!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "How Did I gain Weight, WTF !!! 3 Weeks Out!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

IT's probably water weight. Chill out and stay off the scale. Seriously, ups and downs are totally normal. I don't even own a scale and only weighed at the doctors office....maybe 6 times total in the first 3 months. At 7 weeks out I had gained 3 pounds and then took a month to lose it. I STILL ended up losing 100 pounds and am well below goal. The scale numbers don't mean shit in the beginning, so if you are going to let them upset you so much then STAY OFF THE SCALE
    Calm down. Our bodies don't lose weight in a straight line, and your scales won't behave like a car engine's gas gauge. Mine certainly didn't.

I gained 1-2 pounds all the time. Then lost 3-4 pounds. That's the way it goes. Down, down, down, up, down, down, dow, up, down, up, down, down, down. Except for all the days the scale said same-same-same-same.

You're doing fine.
    It is probably just your body adjusting! Try not to focus on the scale so much! I am the biggest fault at this as I too panic at any weight change. I have fluctuated numerous times through this journey and yes, I have gained weight a few times. It was merely water weight, or bowel related, or feminine time related, etc. Don't stress! You are doing fabulous!! Just relax!
    Thanks ladies, I am a panic(er) that's for sure, lol Well at least I know I am not alone in this. Others too have gained during their process and lose it. Shit I even had 1 cigarette yesterday.
    But I Don't plan on having anymore. That was my first one since August 16, 2015. I will try to relax and take everything with a grain of salt. And just for my sanity, I did get on the scale again, even though I shouldn't and am back down to 198 !!! I go from sane to wacko in seconds, need to control that, that's for sure. Again thanks ladies.

I will try not to go on the scale till next Sunday.
    You can always have your family hide the scale if it is giving you that much of an issue. Then they can bring it out once a week or whatever.

Everybody says not to weigh everyday and I understand why. I do but I also know it is going to go up, down, sideways, and sometimes across the room. It really doesn't bother me but that is me.

I do admit when I am out of town for a week I like coming home and seeing the much larger weight loss that just a pound or a few ounces that I normally see.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLitteRock
    Thanks ladies, I am a panic(er) that's for sure, lol Well at least I know I am not alone in this. Others too have gained during their process and lose it. Shit I even had 1 cigarette yesterday.
    But I Don't plan on having anymore. That was my first one since August 16, 2015. I will try to relax and take everything with a grain of salt. And just for my sanity, I did get on the scale again, even though I shouldn't and am back down to 198 !!! I go from sane to wacko in seconds, need to control that, that's for sure. Again thanks ladies.

I will try not to go on the scale till next Sunday.
    And speaking of, I gained a pound today So just try to relax and take each day at a time, I know it is hard when you want to succeed so badly but stress will affect you in bad ways and not help anything! My fiance made me lock up our scales for two weeks, if that tells you anything of how bad I was doing in terms of stressing over the scale! :P Keep up the good work!
    Continue to follow the plan to the T, you'll be fine. Promise. I would also suggest having someone hide your scale and weigh no more than once a week, because it is stressing you out!