Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

debbievintage

one week out...14 pounds down, starting to feel HUNGRY!

Rate this Entry
I've lost 14 pound, I can't remember ever having such delicate feet and slender fingers. After a couple days of bad naseau.l, I finally started to feel somewhat better
Lots of water, protein shakes, broth I'm suppose to do this for another week.....but I'm hungry.hungry. hungry.

Submit "one week out...14 pounds down, starting to feel HUNGRY!" to Digg Submit "one week out...14 pounds down, starting to feel HUNGRY!" to del.icio.us Submit "one week out...14 pounds down, starting to feel HUNGRY!" to StumbleUpon Submit "one week out...14 pounds down, starting to feel HUNGRY!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am also 8 days post. Yesterday was the first day I was allowed to have anything other than clear liquids. I had a protein shake yesterday which went down very slowly and some cream soup for dinner. I have been a little hungry at times but nothing significant!
    It gets easier!! I promise!! I lived on ice pops at the begining....I was liquids for the first 3 weeks....which stinks when I read about other people being able to eat mashed potatoes a few days post. I won't lie, I had a bite a mashed potatoes I think around 10days, it just helped to chew....but I was scared so it was one bite of really smooth mashed potatoes. Soup was good, and I had stone field organic strawberry yogurt.....it was good because it wasn't thick and didn't have chunks of fruit.
    You can do this. Each doctor has different orders for different reasons, just do what you have to do and of you have issues call the doc and ask if you can have some yogurt or something.
    Also.....I was feeling hungry at the beginning. Which confused me because I was told I would not be hungry.....but my stomach was growling. It turned out to be acid.....I was told to take prilosec otc, and soon the "hunger" was gone.
    I had surgery 2 weeks ago. I sometimes think I might be hungry but I figured out it is the sight and smell of food that just makes me want it. My hardest time is when the rest of the family is eating supper. I have been taking our old beagle out for a walk while they eat. Gets me away from the food and he enjoys it!! Good luck and hang in there!! We can do this and it will be worth it.