Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kchopkins

One year later...

Rate this Entry
This past Wednesday was my one year surgiversary. I cannot even begin to explain what a difference this surgery has made in my life. Everyone notices how different I am, both inside and out. Even my boss mentioned, during my mid year review, how much more confident and positive I am. He doesn't know I had WLS. He just said "Since you've gotten your health back, it's evident you are way more confident". It was really nice to hear.

I still struggle, daily, with food. What I want vs. what I should do. Some days are successful, others are not. It's an ongoing battle of my will to be healthy. Though I do know, I will never, NEVER go back to that fat girl.

I also had a consultation with a plastic surgeon to get rid of excess skin, as well as have breast implants. $28,000. So that won't be happening any time soon...but it doesn't matter. I can live with how I am, and be very proud of my success.

Anyone who tries to tell you that having WLS is the easy way out is a fool. Because this is not a magic, fat sucking pill, this is simply a tool that helps those of us who struggle with food intake, learn how to portion better. Learn what foods our bodies need vs. the foods we crave. And quite frankly, even though I crave the sugary, bready, carby things, I don't find that I enjoy them. In fact, looking back, I didn't really enjoy them as a fat girl. They were just the things I craved. And if that doesn't prove that food can be an addiction, I don't know what does.

I love my new life. And I wouldn't trade this experience, with all it's up and downs, for anything in this world.

Submit "One year later..." to Digg Submit "One year later..." to del.icio.us Submit "One year later..." to StumbleUpon Submit "One year later..." to Google

Comments

I know exactly what you mean about those bad foods. You want them and crave them and then when you eat them you feel like crap because you can't stop eating them! You look fantastic and you've had a great weight loss. Congratulations!
    I totally agree with your post. I struggle but most of the time, I make the right choices. You are doing great!! Keep up the great work.
    First, congratulations to you. Second, those are some seriously good observations about how we often crave things we don't even enjoy. And yes, that is an addiction.

The benefits of paying attention / mindfulness never end.
    If you are serious about the nip tuck check out CosMed Clinic in Tijuana - they are a very nice facility. I had my tummy tuck done here locally but that was because I didn't want to stay in TJ that long or be away from a doctor in case something went wrong. Luckily it didn't.
    This is so cool to read I like stuff like this it really make me think that I made a good decision in July to have the surgery. You make me look forward to the upcoming months ahead I would love to befriend you if possible to ask you questions just pick your brain. Well keep up the good work and have a good day☺
    Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    If you are serious about the nip tuck check out CosMed Clinic in Tijuana - they are a very nice facility. I had my tummy tuck done here locally but that was because I didn't want to stay in TJ that long or be away from a doctor in case something went wrong. Luckily it didn't.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I'll definitely check it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracharity
    This is so cool to read I like stuff like this it really make me think that I made a good decision in July to have the surgery. You make me look forward to the upcoming months ahead I would love to befriend you if possible to ask you questions just pick your brain. Well keep up the good work and have a good day☺
    Thanks! I know you'll feel the same this time next year!