Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

1STBEAUTII

Looking to have the vsg!!! Need real advice!!!

Rate this Entry
Hi beauties!

I am looking to have the Gastric Sleeve, BUT im am afraid of the saggy skin. I know, "I have bigger fish to fry" as my mother would say. I am 5'6 and I weigh 238 pounds. I want to lose 100 pounds ultimately. Can anyone give me advice? I see a lot of reviews on the saggy skin,but i haven't seen many comments about people who have not had any saggy skin.

Please help!

Submit "Looking to have the vsg!!!  Need real advice!!!" to Digg Submit "Looking to have the vsg!!!  Need real advice!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Looking to have the vsg!!!  Need real advice!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Looking to have the vsg!!!  Need real advice!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The amount of sagging skin depends on your age and exercise. I think that those who have this done at a younger age have less sagging skin. Exercising will help and you would need to make exercise a priority in your life if you get the sleeve.

I am 61 and expect some sagging skin but the surgeon said that he didn't think I would need any cosmetic surgery. Getting the weight off and attaining good health is really more important.
    Thank you so much! I am 27 and I already have stretchmarks. Grrrr..
    I am almost 29 and weigh 245 (my consultation was 269) in which they said I would be 100lbs expected to loose. Not sure if this is realistic or not. However, I am less concerned with saggy skin. I'm just going to do my best to exercise and see where it takes me. I am going to do more weight training than anything. Worse case, I'll have saggy skin but at least I'll never have diabetes.
    I'm also 27 years old and weighed almost 360 earlier in March this year when I started my 6 months pre-op phase. A lot, I know. I do a ton of walking each week to lose weight before my surgery. And after the surgery, I plan on doing more exercise with weights too I'm order to tone up. But I'm still pretty young so I expect almost no saggy skin. Good luck to ya!
    i have so far lost almost 60 lbs and not too saggy..loose but not sagging..so it really does depend on how fast you loose and the type of skin you have
    I'm 31 and I worked out hard after being sleeved and I got massive saggy skin and in weird places to I honestly thought surgery was my only option until I found those crazy wraps and they are working so well. No surgery for this girl check it out
    http://susanmilitz.myitworks.com/
    Suziegirl, do you have some financial interest in these wraps????
    No I just want people to see that there is something out there besides skin surgery
    I can't afford skin surgery so I had to find something else so I did
    Just sayin' here ... every wrap I've ever heard of provides only temporary (a week or less) "shrinkage." Then everything goes back to where it was before.
    I'm not to sure about that I have been using continually for a month so I can't really comment on that I haven't stopped yet I was told though that once you get to where u wanna be u only have to use it maybe every 6 months to maintain it but I could be wrong to
    When all my weight is off I may consider the wraps, I've been thinking about them already but for now exersice is working just fine, a little arm sag but nothing too bad for an almost 50 year old chick like me!
    Quote Originally Posted by KJH300
    I am almost 29 and weigh 245 (my consultation was 269) in which they said I would be 100lbs expected to loose. Not sure if this is realistic or not. However, I am less concerned with saggy skin. I'm just going to do my best to exercise and see where it takes me. I am going to do more weight training than anything. Worse case, I'll have saggy skin but at least I'll never have diabetes.

You know what? You're exactly right. I just want to do everything I can to prevent the saggy skin, if possible. Thank you so much for the info. I pray that everything goes very well you and the surgery exceeds your expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaffeyTaffey
    I'm also 27 years old and weighed almost 360 earlier in March this year when I started my 6 months pre-op phase. A lot, I know. I do a ton of walking each week to lose weight before my surgery. And after the surgery, I plan on doing more exercise with weights too I'm order to tone up. But I'm still pretty young so I expect almost no saggy skin. Good luck to ya!
    Thank you doll! You can totally do it! I plan on exercising also a lot more. And God bless you with your surgery as well. Keep me updated with any advice. Im rooting for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by cathbas
    i have so far lost almost 60 lbs and not too saggy..loose but not sagging..so it really does depend on how fast you loose and the type of skin you have
    I needed this info. Thank you!