Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MrsSize4

Hair Supplements

Rate this Entry
Does anyone else know what else I can take besides biotin to prevent less hair loss. I have been doing okay, but my hair is my best asset and I want to minimize the loss as much as possible. I have been taking my vitamins, protein, plus this other supplement called Biosil for hair and skin and thus far its been okay. I have heard people taking iron and folic acid? Can anyone share some wisdom in this area?

Submit "Hair Supplements" to Digg Submit "Hair Supplements" to del.icio.us Submit "Hair Supplements" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hair Supplements" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're more than likely going to have some amount of hair loss during the beginning. Try using shampoo with coconut. I do and it has made my hair thicker and faster growing. I used Biotin in the beginning but I noticed that I would get a rash when I used lotion while taking Biotin. I read that Biotin can interact with some things so I stopped and haven't used it since. Just keep up with the protein, You should be taking iron and B12 talk to your doctor or nutritionist about iron and B12
    Having been through the whole thing, I think the supplements don't do a thing to halt hair loss.

Good news is that it grows back. And most people's hair loss is not noticeable to anyone but themselves.

Make your protein targets every day. Feel free to exceed your protein targets. That's what's really important.
    I agree with Ann2. I don't think the supplements help at all.. I think we are just going to have to muscle through it until our weight loss stabilizes.

That being said, my surgeon's office recommends taking Biotin, fish oil, and zinc along with all of your regular vitamins. If you are anemic then it is supposed to make hair loss even worse (among other things) so you may check with your doctor about extra iron IF you find out you are anemic.

I take all my regular vitamins and also the Biotin and fish oil. I have quite a bit of hair loss and if the biotin and fish oil have helped, it has been only slightly. I have quit styling my hair so much and have been holding off on any coloring at the salon to give my hair a break. I try to be very gentle. I am also trying upping my protein a little so maybe that will help too... but again, I think its something inevitable that we have to wait out. :/
    I've always had thick very curly hair, and am used to losing a good bit of hair daily. However month 4 I saw a change in how much I was losing. It was spring/early summer so I chopped it off short. For people who don't know I had surgery I just smile and say I tried a new shorter do for summer. I really just wanted to minimize looking like my hair was thinning and it helped. It threw my curls into quite a tailspin and they are finally starting to act normally as it's starting to grow out. I take 20,000 mcg of biotin a day, chewable prenatal vitamins and never ever miss my vitamins, protein or water intake for the daily. EVER!
    My hairloss has slowed and is starting to fill back in. It's the first time I've had surgery that I experienced it, but it's very common.
    It does grow back, and for me, I'd rather be skinnier and bald wearing a wig than I would go back to being fat,
    I AGREE WITH BEACH GIRL.