Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

a2twinsnanny

Struggling with food

Rate this Entry
I started adding things to my diet slowly like my surgeon instructed. Now I seem to want to eat unhealthy things again. Especially during the most hormonal time of the month for me!
I went on vacation with my family and failed to plan my food for the time I traveled and I ended up eating things that was not low calorie and comfort foods that I don't usually have access to.
I think I need to readjust my mind back to where I was before I started seeing the weight fall off.

Follow the link below to watch me ramble about my poor eating and drinking choices while on my first vacation post vsg.

https://youtu.be/gDNn427eIik

Submit "Struggling with food" to Digg Submit "Struggling with food" to del.icio.us Submit "Struggling with food" to StumbleUpon Submit "Struggling with food" to Google

Tags: vsg surgery Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think it happens to a lot of people. Don't beat yourself up, just pick yourself up, brush yourself off and move on. I had been mindlessly eating at night because I am bored. I'm going to charge up the kindle and do some reading in addition to my tv watching. Issues and solutions - that's what we face.
    Best wishes - you'll do well
    I feel your frustration and fear! But one of the parts of my plan helped soon much was to record everything I eat each day....three columns +\_: Liquid/Protein/Food. And then I also do an aside note for exercise. 80oz of liquid(no, never achohol), 60grams of protein, grains, fruit, calcium, veggies...even treats like Popsicles !
    After two years now, I can tell you it is a habit, I live by.

Breath deep and keep your own list of what works for you, you have trust your success!
    Best of success in your future
    That is exactly what I remembered last night. When I was dieting I used to have the most success using a food tracking app or just writing my food down. So last night I took the time to plan out my day and what I will eat for the day. I believe this will be an added step to my life but it will help me remain conscience of what I am actually putting into my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by sulanden
    I feel your frustration and fear! But one of the parts of my plan helped soon much was to record everything I eat each day....three columns +\_: Liquid/Protein/Food. And then I also do an aside note for exercise. 80oz of liquid(no, never achohol), 60grams of protein, grains, fruit, calcium, veggies...even treats like Popsicles !
    After two years now, I can tell you it is a habit, I live by.

Breath deep and keep your own list of what works for you, you have trust your success!
    Best of success in your future
    Thanks for the kind words. It is good to have support of you all. I hate feeling like a loser but I have to remind myself that this isn't a race but a lifelong journey

Quote Originally Posted by mem222
    I think it happens to a lot of people. Don't beat yourself up, just pick yourself up, brush yourself off and move on. I had been mindlessly eating at night because I am bored. I'm going to charge up the kindle and do some reading in addition to my tv watching. Issues and solutions - that's what we face.
    Best wishes - you'll do well
    we had the sleeve the same day.and i can tell you that there have been days i have struggled with the ease there is to eat what you shouldnt..so i DEFINATELY use www.myfitnesspal.com and that helps me a lot..even if i do eat something wrong, i feel so stupid when i write it down..and i am religous about it..
    keeping weight off is a battle..and we have a tool..but we have to use the tool the right way..of course it is hard..we wouldnt have had the sleeve if we had all the answers..so one foot in front of the other!
    this weekend i am out of town with hubby. I was here 1 month ago..and recently i was feeling like i hadnt lost much.was frustrated at my eating..all of that..then i weighed in here and found out i was 10 lbs down from 1 month ago!! so i walked and walked upped my exercise that helped a lot...take care!! you can do this!!