Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CharlieFarley

first anniversary!

Rate this Entry
Today is the first anniversary of my sleeve surgery!

The simple summary is that it has been easier and more successful than I ever even hoped.

I don't have access to my Aria scales at the moment. But I've lost well over a hundred pounds (50kg) and am happily in the normal BMI range. Waist size is from tight 44" pants to loose 34"s - not bad for somebody standing at 6'2" (ish)?!

I thought my weight had levelled off at about 190lbs (BMI=25, exactly) but it has started dropping a bit again recently. I do anticipate that it will rebound 10 or 15 pounds from the minimum (as it seems to have done for the people I've tracked on Youtube) but I am completely at peace with that prospect - especially as I'm approaching 10 pounds below goal anyway!

Getting healthier was the driving force behind the decision to have WLS. I've been off all my prescription medicines (for BP and cholesterol) for so long now, I can barely remember them. I feel fabulous!

Today is day 2 of 3 that we'll have packers in our house. We are relocating from China to America. I brought 2 suitcases down the stairs yesterday and it dawned on me that they pretty closely represented all the weight I've lost in the last year... I can't believe my ankles, knees and hips stood all that strain for so long. How did I ever get off of the sofa?!

So... it is insanely busy this week. I'm considering putting up some before-and-after photos... but I'll have to keep you waiting for a bit longer..!

Submit "first anniversary!" to Digg Submit "first anniversary!" to del.icio.us Submit "first anniversary!" to StumbleUpon Submit "first anniversary!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

congrats!! so happy for you!!
    That is wonderful! So glad you updated! Look fwd to your pics!
    Charlie, Happy anniversary. I say that all the time: "HOW did I manage to move at all with those 90 extra pounds?!" That's how obesity works -- once you get over the line, it's hard for us to get come back across through only "diet and exercise." Best wishes to you, your family and your belongings for an unadventurous relocation. Not sure you've ever lived over here before, but I hope you all enjoy it.
    Happy Anniversary, Amazing results, truly.
    Happy anniversary Charlie! Congrats on your weight loss to date and all you have accomplished. So many milestones and so much weight gone, isnt this exciting? Good luck on the move and Im so looking forward to see some pics!
    Congratulations! Best wishes for your move to the states!
    Happy anniversary... hopefully in a year I will be posting success.